Meetings

John POV

We step off the ship and are amazed at the sight. A giant tower with green glowing orbs at the top. It strangely reminds me of Big Ben clock tower in London. Ruby is staring at it with stars in her eyes.

Yang: View of Vale has got nothing on this.

A student passes by and Ruby starts to get excited.

Ruby: HO! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!

She began to follow one of the students until Yang grabs her by the hood.

Yang: Easy there, little sister. Their just weapons.
Ruby: Just weapons?! Their extension of ourselves. Their a part of us! Oh, their so cool.

That's an... interesting way of looking at it. It's not how I view them. The things I've done with my guns (Inuendo not intended)... give the chance, I will destroy them anyway possible. But maybe the whole weapon thing is part of this world's culture. If I'm posing as person from this Oscuro place, best to roll with it.

Yang: Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?

Ruby takes out her scythe, for some reason.

Ruby: Of course I'm happy with Cresent Rose. I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better.

She named her scythe Crescent Rose? Weapons must play a pivotal part of this world's culture. Yang pulls Ruby's hood over her eyes.

Yang: Ruby, come on. Why don't you go try making some friends of your own. I mean you kind of already did it with John here.
Me: Well that was under one of the most odd circumstances possible.
Ruby: I guess. But why I need friends when I have you?

I'd make a remark until I consider a pro to this: there'd be less for her to lose if conflict breaks out. Suddenly a random crowd appears out of no where. And Yang decides to join them.

Yang: Well, actually, my friends are here now, we're gonna catch up, ok bye.

Ruby starts spinning around.

Ruby: Wait, are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our Dorms? Do we have dorms? I don't know what I'm doing.

She falls into a luggage cart and scatters some bags. There's a crate that opens and vials filled with what I assume to be powdered dust. The owner of said luggage turns around and is not happy.

Girl: What are you doing?!

Ruby gets up with a slight blush from embarrassment.

Ruby: Sorry!
Girl: Sorry?! Do you have any idea the damage you could've caused?! Give me that!

She takes a crate from Ruby and holds a red dust vial.

Girl: This is dust! Mined and purified from the Schnee quarry.

Ruby has a somewhat blank expression. She knows dust has to be mind and, apparently, purified. But the company name must be unfamiliar to her. The girl, however doesn't seem to catch on to this.

Girl: What are you, brain dead? Dust! Fire, water, lightning, energy!

Let's see. Luggage cart carried by a well dressed man, fancy clothes, has knowledge of a big business name, is clearly educated, and has a 'Don't you know who I am' attitude. All signs of aristocracy. And I should know, given that I'm an aristocrat myself. As she's talking, she's shaking the vial. I can see some dust coming out of it.

Girl: Are you even listening? Is any of this sinking in? What do you have to say for yourself?!

Ruby sneezes and explosion goes off. I can see some ice and lightning. Something about the explosion makes my head throb a little. My ears start to ring, but I can faintly hear a voice.