Chapter One: "Marry Me?"

Hi everyone! Thank you for opening my story!!! This is my first book ever on Wattpad and I'm really excited about it! I LOVE KOTLC and I definitely ship SOKEEFE!! (Sorry Sofitz shippers)

I will try to update at least once a week, and I encourage you to comment and keep up! Please, no hate, but I appreciate constructive criticism or any thoughts you have!

Anywho, I hope you enjoy the first chapter!

- A Keefe Lover

"Thanks for coming, Biana!" Sophie Foster called, "I know you have a busy schedule, so thanks for finding time to come to my party."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world!" Biana gushed, then she hugged Sophie, and called out to Fitz, telling him she was heading home. Keefe and Biana had been dating for only six months, and yet, Sophie could tell how devoted they were to each other. Keefe walked with Biana to the leapmaster, where he kissed her goodbye and smiled at her as she called out 'Everglen' and leaped away.

Watching them, Sophie felt a pang of jealousy in her chest. They were so devoted to each other, so happy to be in each other's arms. Keefe was funny and charming, and yet, so kind as well. Not to mention, he was ripped, and definitely a hottie! Wait, what?!

She shook her head, trying to rid herself of such thoughts. Sophie was dating Fitz and had been for more than a year. And yet, she just didn't feel the way about Fitz the way Keefe and Biana felt for each other. Sophie sighed and turned away, ready to bid the rest of her guests from her eighteenth birthday party goodbye.

"Hey, Sophie, can I talk to you in private?" Fitz had snuck up behind her and she hadn't known he was there until she heard him, causing her to jump. "Oh, sorry if I scared you..." He placed his hand on the small of Sophie's back and gently guided her to their special spot, under Calla's tree.

It was around ten o'clock and the sky was freckled with stars. In fact, it was really quite beautiful out. A slight breeze shook Calla's tree and Panake blossoms fluttered to the floor.

"Sophie," Fitz began, gently guiding her chin toward him. "I know we have only been together for a year and a half, but I feel so connected to you. I love you more than anything and want to spend the rest of my life with you." Sophie was slightly confused, they were eighteen and "rest of my life with you" certainly sounded like something you told someone when you were proposing. Fitz then got down on one knee and pulled a box out of his back pocket. Omigod! Sophie thought, He is going to propose!!

"Sophie, will you marry me?" She couldn't argue, the ring was gorgeous with a large diamond in the center and small teal gems all along the outside.

But, she didn't want to marry Fitz.

He was a sweet guy, and Sophie loved him, but she realized now that she loved him in more of a friend way. Sophie wasn't 'in love' with him, and she couldn't see herself married to him. Not to mention, why was he asking SO early? They had only been dating for a little while, and she was EIGHTEEN!!! For all Sophie knew, most elves didn't get married until they were like three hundred or something like that.

"Omigod..." Sophie whispered, not meeting Fitz's eyes. "It's such a beautiful ring-- but, I can't, I'm sorry." She couldn't look at him, not wanting to see the look of disbelief on his face.

"What do you mean?!" Fitz asked. Sophie could tell his anger was rising. "DO YOU LOVE SOMEONE ELSE? HUH? IS THAT WHY?! I AM THE PERFECT CHOICE SOPHIE! I am handsome, rich, I have a powerful family!" Suddenly his teal eyes turned cold, his eyebrows arched downward. "You are just selfish. You want all of your power for yourself. You don't want to give it to your kids, and you don't want to share yourself with my family. I see how this is, unbelievable, Sophie. I thought you were my friend."

He looked down at her and shook his head. With his eyes still cold, he slapped Sophie, then held up his home crystal and leaped away.

She stood there flabbergasted. Slowly, she raised her hand up to her burning face. The enormity of what had just happened hit her, and she began to cry. Quiet sobs, desperate ones.

"I am your friend," Sophie whispered to no one but the breeze. "But, just your friend."