The Hero

A/N

Hey everyone! Before you read, take about thirty seconds to accept my thanks!

 *Reaches through the screen to hug everyone*

Thanks for all of the comments, support, and votes! I love hearing what you guys think! I'm not entirely sure where I am going with this, so bear with me. If you have any suggestions for what I could do, please tell me. Thanks again to everyone!!!!!!

-Keefe Lover

Keefe Sencen woke to a pillow being chucked at his head. He groaned and threw it back at his friend, who, of course, had another pillow ready.

"Keefe," His friend, Fitz, said, "Your first class starts in fifteen minutes."

Keefe, like normal, responded with, "I'm ditching. Just because you're such a good student, Fitzy, doesn't mean everyone else is!" Fitz rolled his eyes and raised his hands in defeat.

"Don't come crying to me when you don't graduate," Fitz said bluntly. "What are your grades anyway? They can't be that good if you only go when there's a test and you just have random girls bring your assignments to and from class."

"Straight A's, in everything."

"How?"

"Photographic memory, remember? Sorry that you have to work hard to do well! The only thing that I work hard at is The Hair." Keefe was obsessed with his hair and had even deemed it a proper noun: The Hair.

Fitz, deciding he had had enough of his friend, laced his shoes, grabbed a bagel, and left the room. With his friend gone, Keefe was free to go back to sleep. He stretched out on his bed and decided that maybe he wouldn't go to any classes at all today.

Keefe woke the second time to a scream. He launched out of bed, pulled on shoes and a jacket and ran out of his room. Another yell lead him to a door a few hallways over that had smoke pouring under the door. The floor shook, and the cries from the other side of the door increased. Keefe knew he had to do something to help the person on the other side of the door- who was obviously in excruciating pain and agony.

He tried the lock but the door wouldn't budge. Smoke continued to seep from the door and the wails finally went silent. Keefe gulped and continued to try to open the door. The lock had only been bent slightly so with enough pushing, Keefe was able to open the door.

The sight that awaited him brought bile up his throat. Flames engulfed the kitchen area of the room and a frail girl lay by the door. She was burned everywhere and one of her ankles was bent at an odd angle. She looked as if she had passed out from the smoke. Keefe reached her and delicately picked her up. Keefe was careful not to put too much pressure on her burns as he carried her out of the burning room and into the hallway. Although the blonde girl was obviously hurt, more pain could come to others if he didn't put the fire out before it spread. Keefe reluctantly left the girl in the hallway, wondering how long it would be until she woke up.

He dashed back into the dorm room and used pots and water from the sink to put it out. It took  Keefe a good hour, and by the time he was done, he had a fair share of burns as well. Luckily the fire wasn't too powerful and once its source had died out, it was easy to put out. 

Back in the hallway, the girl had come to and was staring blankly at the wall across from her. When Keefe walked out of the room, she carefully turned her head to look at him. All of her skin was raw and she was covered in soot from what had burned around her.

Laying on her neck was a necklace carved with intricate letters that read Sophie. Keefe took note of the charm and decided it was safe to assume it was her name. The girl stared at him quietly, waiting for him to say something.