Prince Logan

A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry, it took so long to update, I've been REALLY busy with school work and other stuff outside of school. PLEASE READ THIS BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT: You do not need to have read The Selection (by Kiera Cass) to understand the following chapters, nor will you need to know any of the other books or stories (*HINT**HINT*)! SO... THAT'S ALL!!!

Unfortunately, this chapter is kinda short, but still, I HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!

(Recap...)

"Whenever you're ready," He whispered. Sophie closed the gap and touched her lips to his. But they were interrupted after a second when something hard hit Sophie in the back. She yelped in pain as she twisted out of Keefe's touch.

Light began to change and dance around the two. And then something odd happened. Sophie's leggings and shirt morphed into an old, worn, dress that looked like peasant attire from a fairytale while Keefe's clothing changed into princely velvets.

Just before the light completely enveloped them, Sophie saw what had hit her in the back, a book. On the cover was a girl in a dazzling ballgown. She recognized it as a book she had read recently about a prince falling in love with a peasant girl in a dystopian society.

It was called The Selection. And as Sophie realized what had happened from the glow of teal eyes, all she could do was whisper, "Uh Oh."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Keefe awoke he was in the largest room he had ever witnessed. The walls were adorned with metals from what seemed to be combat competitions as well as painting after painting of royal looking people. He smirked at a particular one where some guy's nose was giant. 

And then all of his memories came back. 

The college. 

Sophie's burns.

And Fitz.

Oh, his anger boiled at the thought of his once-best-friend. He strained to remember what Sophie had said about their little... love project... when they teleported for the first time. 

Right. He had three minutes. 

He had three minutes! Launching himself out of bed, Keefe found a desk that had A LOT of paperwork on it. He scrunched his nose in disgust, hoping that he wouldn't have to do it. 

Using a pen he jotted down: Find Sophie 

But his memory began to fade because he didn't remember her last name. He knew what was happening, he had planned for it, but he hadn't realized three minutes would be up so quickly. He frantically tried to remember what Sophie's last name was. He called her by it, right? He looked around the room, maybe something would jog his memory. If he didn't remember her name there would be no way that he would ever find her. 

Keefe gulped and looked at the paperwork, hoping his eyes would find something familiar. And luckily, they did. One of the papers was a check he was signing off to a foster home. His thoughts cleared for a minute and he had just enough time to write down  "Foster" before he forgot again. 

Content that he had written enough down and that Sophie would be coming to find him too, he examined the foster paperwork more. Suddenly, someone knocked on his door. 

"Prince Logan, your father has requested to speak with you regarding a selection." 

Keefe smirked at the poor maid who had the wrong room. He was about to tell her when his smirk fell from his face. The foster home paperwork was signed by Logan Klove. Keefe frantically shuffled the other papers around, all of them were signed by this Logan Klove, whoever he was.

Keefe realized that it had been at least ten minutes and he still had most of his memories, although they were starting to get fuzzy. Had Sophie's mind work messed up a little? Why had he been teleported into someone else's room?

Opening one of the desk's drawers Keefe's heart sank. Inside was a picture of him and an attractive brunette, a girl who he recognized as Biana. He wasn't troubled that his friend was part of this fantasy, Sophie had said she would do that. What troubled him was the note written in the bottom right corner:

I had so much fun during my stay, K, I can't wait to see you soon! Love, Cassandra xoxo

It was a letter to him from "Cassandra."

This was really odd, he obviously had his real name, she referred to him as "K", so, why didn't Biana? Maybe it was a quirk of the creation?

"Logan, Prince Klove?" The maid outside his door called again.

His door. 

Keefe's heart dropped in his chest. 

Something had gone wrong when Sophie's mind created this place.

"I'll be out in a second!" Keefe responded.

He raked his hand through his hair in dismay and worry.

How was he going to find the girl he loved?

Sophie wasn't Sophie. 

Because the "K" stood for Klove

Recap:

The K that Keefe thinks stands for Keefe stands for his new last name, Klove. This means that Sophie's name isn't Sophie, and that it will be much harder to find her. Keefe doesn't have a picture of her, and once he loses his memory, he won't have any means of finding her because the name doesn't mean anything.