"Back the T-Rex Up!"

I know it's silly for me to be excited about such a small thing, but two views/reads are still awesome! Thanks!

PLEASE comment as well, I want to hear what you guys think!! :) :P

-Fellow Keefe Fantasizer

Keefe's POV (Starts from when he bids Biana goodbye)

I walked Biana to Sophie's leapmaster where she smiled at me. She quickly pecked my lips, surprising me, then called out 'Everglen' and leaped away before I could say anything else.

I used the back of my hand to wipe her lipstick off of my lips. I felt eyes boring into the back of my skull, I knew it was Foster. I could tell from her emotions, I was always able to feel Foster's emotions even if we were not making physical contact.

Her feelings wafted through the air, I could feel envy, longing, and jealousy. Was Foster jealous of me and Biana's relationship? Or was she jealous of Biana? I felt a smirk tug at my lips, but it disappeared as quickly as it had come. Foster was with Fitz, and I was with Biana. That was that.

I could tell from the moment I had met Foster that she was head over heels for Fitz. It was actually kind of funny how oblivious she was to the fact that Dex, Fitz, and I all liked her. Well, we had liked her at first. Once Foster had rejected Dex, he started crushing on Biana. I know Biana had liked me for a long time and was thrilled to be dating.

I always put on a show for everyone, including Biana. I just didn't feel right with her. Whenever I was with Sophie, (That's right I said Sophie, now you all know how serious I am!) I could be myself. Make jokes, pull pranks, and tease her without stopping. Biana was much more reserved, and truthfully, she cared more about makeup and her appearance than making jokes.

Don't get me wrong, I have known Biana for a long time, and I love her. But, in more of a sister way.

I sighed and faced the leapmaster. "Candleshade!" I yelled and then stepped into the light.

And all too quickly I was back in my humongous, foreboding, dark house.

SOPHIE'S POV

Sophie walked back to her room in a daze. Soon she had showered, put on a silk nightgown, and was laying in her bed, just staring up at the ceiling. Her cheek still stung from where Fitz had hit her, and the memory brought fresh tears to her eyes once again. Why was he so mean? And really, how could he even think of proposing- THEY WERE EIGHTEEN!

Sophie curled up and pulled Ella, her elephant stuffed animal that she couldn't sleep without, close. She would have to take this one step at a time.

The more Sophie thought about it, the happier she was to not be dating Fitz. She always felt like she had to be perfect to be with him, he was Vacker, after all.

Sophie suddenly had an idea. She climbed out of her ginormous bed and grabbed her imparter from her desk.

Finally, she found his name.

Sophie clicked 'call'

And waited

One ring

Two rings

Three rings

She was about to hang up when- "Hey Foster! What's up?" Keefe's smiling face shone from her imparter. But, when he saw Sophie's expression and her tear-stained eyes, his face fell.

"Foster, what's the matter? Are you okay?" His eyebrows scrunched in worry. Wow, he was so cute when he was worrying. AARHG! Sophie, she chided herself, Keefe is dating Biana, you CAN'T like him.

"Oh, Foster!" Keefe's voice called from the imparter. "You're blanking out and staring into space. Did you hear my earlier question? Are. You. Okay?"

Sophie looked at Keefe's caring ice blue eyes and was once again shrouded in longing. "He s-slapped m-me..." She responded, her voice barely a whisper.

"Who slapped you? Grady?"

"No!" Sophie shook her head horrified at the thought of Grady hitting her.

"Was it... um... Iggy?" Keefe asked, slightly ashamed of his question.

She hadn't realized that she had started crying again. Sophie felt her view swimming as a giggle bubbled up at Keefe's stupid question. "No Keefe," She responded. "It was," Sophie sighed, "Fitz." Once more she was barely audible, but from his expression, she could tell he heard her.

"Back the t-rex up, FITZ SLAPPED YOU?!" Sophie gulped and nodded, she was scared of this side of Keefe. "WHY?"

She really didn't want to talk about it, but had no choice. She quickly explained her dilemma to Keefe.

"So if I'm getting this right, Fitz PROPOSED to you? And then when you declined he slapped you? That's insane, someone needs to bring Fitz to a mental hospital!" Sophie wondered how he knew what a mental hospital was, but decided not to ask. It was a matter she would address another time.

Keefe had a glint in his eye that lead Sophie to believe that he was going to try to hurt Fitz. "Keefe?" He looked at her, "Please don't hurt him, you're scaring me."

Keefe's face softened and he looked at Sophie adoringly, "We're gonna fix this Foster, and soon Fitzphie will be back together."

"That's the thing, Keefe," She began, choosing her words wisely. "I don't want to be with Fitz. I think I created my love for him in my head because he seemed so perfect. I practically convinced myself that I was in love with him, but I'm not."

Sophie realized as she spoke to him, as he comforted her and finally told her to Get some rest Foster, before I come over and hit you over the head with a Mallowmelt pan, that she was correct, she didn't like Fitz.

Keefe's dad had once told Sophie about a theory he had invented and wrote about in his book: The Heart of the Matter. It was about thinking you liked someone, believing you loved someone in your head when in truth, there's someone else you love in your heart.

As she closed her eyes she realized that Cassius Sencen's theory did, in fact, apply to her. For the longest time she had thought that she loved Fitz, and yet, the entire time she was falling for Keefe Sencen.

And, thinking back on all of the hints and clues that Ro and Biana had dropped in the past, Sophie realized Keefe used to like me too.

Sophie snuggled into her blanket, once again pulling Ella close. She could see Keefe's gorgeous ice blue eyes staring at her as she felt her waves of guilt rush through her body, threatening to drown her.

She had lost her chance with Keefe, all of this time she had been fantasizing over Fitz, and now... Now?

Sophie felt tears streak down her face again, he had loved her and she had ignored him, probably even made him feel bad when she was with Fitz. And all of the Fitzphie jokes? Those must have hurt him so much as well. What had she done? And what did she do now?

Could she approach Keefe? NO! She yelled in her head. Biana was a dear friend, But she would want the best for you! A voice whispered in Sophie's mind. NO. I would never do that to Biana. If something happens and they separate, then I will bring it up to Keefe. Until then, I can sit in my shame, in my guilt. Knowing I have lost my chance, and maybe, once I have fully understood what I have done and come to terms with it, the guilt will dissipate.

And finally, as Sophie's guilt put her to sleep, she felt her heart beat a little faster. Thumping against her chest.

One beat

Two beats

Three beats

Then suddenly Sophie's mind felt like it had been ripped open! Pain rushed through her body from the tip of her head to her toes. I LOVE YOU!

The words rushed out of Sophie's mind before she could stop then, and she knew where they were going...

To Keefe.