Her

Trying to update more regularly!

I had so much fun during my stay, K, I can't wait to see you soon! Love, Cassandra xoxo

It was a letter to him from "Cassandra."

This was really odd, he obviously had his real name, she referred to him as "K", so, why didn't Biana? Maybe it was a quirk of the creation?

"Logan, Prince Klove?" The maid outside his door called again.

His door.

Keefe's heart dropped in his chest.

Something had gone wrong when Sophie's mind created this place.

"I'll be out in a second!" Keefe responded.

He raked his hand through his hair in dismay and worry.

How was he going to find the girl he loved?

Sophie wasn't Sophie.

Because the "K" stood for Klove

-----

She also didn't care about his stupid feelings when she filled out the Selection paperwork and sent it in. She was going to show him what he was missing out on. Going to prove that she was strong, independent, and everything else Leah described her as. Although, Willow didn't know how she was going to steal the heart of a prince if she could't gain the respect of someone who was practically a servant.

What she did know was that she was incredibly determined and that if felt good to ignore Avery.

In fact, she felt quite content when she learned that she, Willow Lark had been chosen, one out of millions, for the Selection.

-----

Prince Logan meandered through the Palace halls, winking at the maids and smirking when they blushed. He was supposed to be in a meeting, but felt in no way inspired to attend. Truthfully, Logan didn't want to be a king. He didn't like the idea of having so much responsibility dumped on his shoulders. Besides, he knew how much his father was a sucker for power. In fact, Logan wouldn't be surprised if his father outlived him just so he could stay king for longer.

Yep, King Ellison sure was a jerk.

Smirking at the thought, Logan walked, with a file in hand, out to a secluded garden on the outskirts of the palace's premises. The file held the names and information of the 35 girls who had been chosen for the selection. He had stolen it earlier from his father's bedroom and the fact that he wasn't supposed to know made him even more delighted at the fact that his father would be tearing his room apart trying to find the file for a later meeting.

No, he didn't want to be a king, but he didn't mind getting a wide selection of lovely young women to chose from. Call him obnoxious, rude, disgusting, but he hadn't really ever been in love before and, although he would never admit it to anyone, wanted to be more than anything else in his life.

Logan (I keep accidentally wanting to write Keefe :P) eventually found a place where there were no maids nor guards mulling about. It was a small garden, hidden within a wall of hedge. A few trees were sprinkled throughout the small space, but the main attraction was a fountain in the middle. A couple of bluebirds splashed around in the top tier, chirping to each other contentedly. In the corner of the garden a squirrel nibbled feebly at a tree nut, but scampered away when Logan arrived.

It was one of the few places in the palace that held absolute quiet besides the sounds of nature. It was an older part of the palace, not witness to the renovations that had been performed when King Ellison came into power. Logan had never brought anyone there despite the fact he had made the garden's acquaintance at least three times a week.

The garden was the one place where he wasn't bombarded by his father's snobby behavior, his mother's corrections of posture and manor, or the doggedness of the press. As cheesy as it sounded, it was his "happy place." 

He had sat under one of the trees many a times and day dreamed about bringing a girl there. A girl who made him blush and kept him on his toes. All the other girls who he had spent time with agreed with everything he said and made no attempt to correct him or jab at him in any way. 

Simply put, they weren't fun.

His father may have married his wife because she was good looking and obedient, but there was no chemistry between them. No looks of love and appreciation passed between the two. So, unfortunately for Logan, he really didn't have anything to base a good relationship on.

He kind of hoped he would be as good at it as he was with other things. Namely: hiding his feelings behind jokes and pranks and doing everything in his power to stay away from his predestined kingship. 

Not a very impressive arsenal. 

Sighing, Logan sat under one of the trees and opened up the files. Each girl wore a dress skimpier than the last and covered her face with make up. His heart sank lower in his chest with each picture and bio he reviewed. None of the girls had any talents better than modeling. He could tell just by looking at them that the girls would be just as naggy and petty as the girls in the palace.

Some of the girls, he could tell, by their seductive smiles and determined looks, were only competing for the crown. Vying with the chances that he would pick the prettiest girl, or really with what they were wearing, the hottest.

Finally, there were only three pictures left. 

The first was another one of the girls competing for the crown. However, she seemed more quick witted than the rest and had more natural beauty than the others.

The second girl was someone who he never wanted to even imagine as a love interest. Cassandra, as bubbly and loyal as she was just wasn't Logan's type. She had really been his only friend, and although she had a bit more attitude than the other girls he had spent time with, she was still the same old: generally not willing to stand up to him. But, as he looked between her photo and the photos of the countless girls who thought they could impress him with their looks, he decided he could give her a chance. She was better than them after all.

None of the girls had taken his breath away. Logan was beyond disappointed. He clenched his eyes shut and begged to any greater force that the last girl would be something worth while. He knew that there were probably some partially decent girls in the mix. That he shouldn't have judged all the over-the-top-good-looking ones as indecent. He knew he would have to meet them in person to know for sure what they were like.

And yet, he was kind of a sucker for the idea of knowing immediately that you had found the person for you.

He looked down at the last girl.

She had blonde hair that reached about a half a foot below her shoulders and chocolatey brown eyes, decorated with the occasional gold specs. 

She wasn't wearing any makeup, and instead of wearing an eager or seductive smile, she wore a spiteful smirk.

He knew it had to be her.

His heart beat a little faster as he read her bio. She was a talented musician, a caste five, meaning that she had roughed hardship and wasn't spoiled, and her name had a perfect ring to it, Willow Lark

His father had written comments on many of the bios. Most consisted of: good candidate, high caste, beautiful, or other things that only judged based on facts of their lifestyle and looks. Things they couldn't really change.

But on Willow Lark's paper, he had written more than a comment on her looks.

Dangerous, must be eliminated

Sorry to leave off on that cliff hanger, but I just had too! :)

Why do you guys think Logan's dad thinks Willow is a threat? Do you think Avery is plotting some kind of revenge? Or is Fitz smarter than we think?

Did Fitz plan for her to run off to the castle?