Quiet

A/N

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU START READING THE STORY:

I'm going to start doing chapter dedications!!!

The dedication for this chapter goes to....

_team_keefe

.... for always being one of the first people to read each chapter and always leaving kind, encouraging, and funny comments! Also, great username!

Thanks again to everyone for the encouragement. Now, onto the chapter!!

recently on Forever, Foster..... ;)

She also didn't care about his stupid feelings when she filled out the Selection paperwork and sent it in. She was going to show him what he was missing out on. Going to prove that she was strong, independent, and everything else Leah described her as. Although, Willow didn't know how she was going to steal the heart of a prince if she could't gain the respect of someone who was practically a servant.

What she did know was that she was incredibly determined and that if felt good to ignore Avery.

In fact, she felt quite content when she learned that she, Willow Lark, had been chosen, one out of millions, for the Selection.

-----

He looked down at the last girl.

She had blonde hair that reached about a half a foot below her shoulders and chocolatey brown eyes, decorated with the occasional gold specs.

She wasn't wearing any makeup, and instead of wearing an eager or seductive smile, she wore a spiteful smirk.

He knew it had to be her.

His heart beat a little faster as he read her bio. She was a talented musician, a caste five, meaning that she had roughed hardship and wasn't spoiled, and her name had a perfect ring to it, Willow Lark.

His father had written comments on many of the bios. Most consisted of: good candidate, high caste, beautiful, or other things that only judged based on facts of their lifestyle and looks. 

Things they couldn't really change.

But on Willow Lark's paper, he had written more than a comment on her looks.

Dangerous, must be eliminated

-----

knock knock

Willow groaned at the knocking. She'd had enough of Avery's pleas to take him back. As much as she didn't want to admit it, Willow still loved Avery. It was pretty hard to start hating someone you had loved for years. And gosh did it bother her.

knock knock

"I already told you, I'm done! Leave me alone, Mr. Voleur." She hadn't called Avery by his first name in two weeks. She wasn't affiliated with him anymore, she decided she may as well speak to him as she would any other person.

"Ms. Lark, please open the door. I don't know who Mr. Voleur is, but I am not him."

Willow's heart dropped in her chest. Right. The man outside was from the palace, he was making sure she was actually "Willow Lark" and talking to her and her family about the Selection. Explaining, once again, the rules, the pay checks they would receive, what would happen if she won, or if she lost, the punishments for breaking laws in the castle.

Willow had been oh so looking forward to it.

Of course, before she could even stand, Leah had jumped up and ran to the door. Willow had made a little fib up about why Avery kept coming to their door asking to speak to Willow. She had explained that he had asked her on a date, but had also said something to offend her that she didn't want to repeat. As a result she had left. It wasn't too far off from the truth, so she felt less bad lying to her parents.