Chapter 16: My Father's Temper

To a Miss Ava Fountaine,

I would like to personally request you and your family's presence on an extended stay at Malfoy manor for the week of the 20th of December to the 27th. Festive celebrations and the pleasure of your company will be expected.

Please respond at your earliest convenience through floo network, preferably.

With Regards to your family,

N.M

I dropped the invitation with disgust, knowing full well that this invitation was less a kind action and more of a demand. The fact that someone can act so haughty to me was not exactly something I liked. My eyes then switched to my mother's handwriting on the 2nd letter, waiting for me daringly. I knew what it said even before I opened it.

Mon Ange,

I have wonderful news about this holiday season! We will all be able to meet as a family after all, here in the UK. Your brothers are to network in on the 19th and meet at Malfoy Manor for a grand stay with all of us as honorary members. Narcissa was kind enough to send individualized letters of invitation to all your siblings already so I believe you have received yours as well.

I don't think I need to state the importance of you attending this with us, nor the shame it would cause should you trash the compliment the Malfoy's have given you by writing to you personally as a child! Your father and Damion are to have important opportunities at this party and we must be there to show our support.

So, I suggest you tie any loose ends you have at school and promptly send Narcissa your answer of attendance. I have had your fire place marked so as to know if you choose to disobey me.

With love,

Your mother

The door to my room opened and I looked up to find Marie walking in, her face flushed from the mulled wine from moments before, her eyes shining for the holiday excitement that was to come in a few days. My stomach dropped with dread at what I knew I had to do.

Telling a friend that you had to ditch her last minute is never an easy task. Even when your reasoning has to do with your stuck-up family.

-3 Days Later-

The entire school was rushing on the platform, trying to find their right carriage and get on to get a good seat. Some girls blocked the entrance ways as they hugged classmates' in goodbye with well wishes for the holidays as I walked through with Oliver tucked comfortably in his cage, my trunk carried in the other. I made no attempt to hide my annoyance as I watched three upperclassmen kiss each other obnoxiously on the cheek in goodbye, being in my opinion, over dramatic over the whole ordeal.

Of course, they had to be the people blocking my one way through the platform.

"I will miss you so much! How will I survive without you?" One commented before I, impatient as ever, dragged my trunk in the middle of their conversation, rolling said bag over one of the girl's foot.

"Ah, watch it you-"

I was already submerged into the hustle and bustle of the platform before the upperclassmen could finish. I found the carrier and had him take Oliver and my luggage when I saw from the Dutch Carriages the line of girls waiting to enter.

Marie stood near the back with her blonde hair in two tight braids that snaked down her back. Mila and Ana were with her alongside Mariana and her new friend Isa. One of them spotted me as I made to wish them off and wave goodbye, but instead of smile towards me, Marie turned away stubbornly, grabbing Ana's hand as she looked toward me confused.