Chapter 26: Finals

* I am so so sorry that I managed to leave you all on the most stupid of all stupid cliff hangers for over two weeks. Expect me to repay you all by posting a chapter tomorrow too*

Mila and Ana sat on Marie's bed with Oliver between them, eyeing our new guests suspiciously.

On the other bed sat Gisele with Rosalie. Jacqueline was even here, sitting on my dresser, sucking on an Acid pop gingerly. And Marie concluded the group, holding one of the letters wrapped with Spello-tape in the back end of the room.

"Ava we need to talk," she said, making me stop dead in the doorway. The clock over the door started to tick obnoxiously loud, or was that all in my head.

"What are you doing with those?" I demanded, my eyes on my letters.

"Trying to understand what this boy has done to make you so upset," Mila replied with Ana nodding along.

"And?"

"Apart from him being pretentious, we haven't found any reason why he would be causing all of this," Mila finished, waving to the rest of the room.

The girls went silent apart from Jacqueline who kept hissing at her pop in her mouth.

"Well that's that then," I concluded, making for the shoe box but Marie blocked me.

"I thought you'd be more open to talk to us now that we've avoided you for a few weeks."

"It would have been longer had it not been for this one begging us to reconsider," Jacqueline added, pointing to Gisele who was playing with her hair nervously next to Rosalie.

"You've been avoiding me just to see me open up? That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard!" I snapped back.

"Well I wouldn't call breaking a girl's leg a smart idea either but who am I to judge," Marie retorted. I scoffed and dropped my things on the side of my bed.

"So now what? You know I keep those stupid letters, and you know I broke a girl's leg. Anything else you want to add?"

"Yes," Rosalie spoke up. "You need to tell the girls the full story about Elizabeth and Annie. Because what you told Marie was only the bad parts of it." I frowned, confused.

"Well if you think so why didn't you just tell them."

"Because it's easy for Rosalie to want to come to your rescue, American," Jacqueline replied.

"And we want to see how accurate her story is to what you said."

"Because?"

"Because," Ana began, "if it's true what Rosalie said, things are different. And I at least wouldn't be completely mad at you."

"I would," Marie chipped in. "But that's beside the point. Go on."

The pair of us gave each other a spotted look before I explained the whole Elizabeth story again. Starting all the way back to when Elizabeth and Annie started fighting with me and ending it after my mother sat me down with a threat during the Magnolia Dinner.

"So it is true," Gisele concluded.

"I still think what you did was horrible," Marie stated which I nodded along to as I turned to the top of my cupboard where I hid my chocolate.

"It took Sam a while to forgive me too."

"Sam as in your Hogwarts friend?" I nodded along while I nibbled away at the chocolate.

"Now I'm intrigued," Marie said. "Since, you know, you've told me numerous times Sam and I are similar. How did she learn to forgive you for that?"