Chapter 52: The Yule Ball- #3

*You best believe I enjoyed writing this chapter. And yes, Cinderella once again inspired me here. Can't you tell who my favorite Disney princess is?*

"I am not dancing with you," I said abruptly, before walking off toward my table. Malfoy followed.

"I never offered."

"Oh please," I said, giving him a look that he reciprocated. "You pull that line on me and act like you're here just to talk? Don't you have a date to go dance with?"

"Pansy left. And she doesn't dance."

"Really?" I said lowering my voice. I stopped and turned to see him only a few steps behind. "So when I saw her pouting in her chair a few hours ago, it wasn't because you said no to dancing with her?" Malfoy dropped the smirk but his humor was still present in those light eyes of his. He shrugged nonchalantly, his gaze leaving mine for a moment before returning.

"She's been in a foul mood ever since she spotted Granger dancing with Krum. What she did to poison his mind is beyond me- "

"He asked her, actually. Now, I doubt Pansy was in such a foul mood that she would give up dancing with you. Let me guess," I toyed, walking slowly up to him, stopping short by his side," You got tired of her constant attention for once. She wasn't being too handsy was she?"

Malfoy gave me what had to be the funniest glare, as I had to bite back my laughter and look the other way to grin.

"She dances as if one leg is stunned and the other's jinxed," Malfoy explained honestly. "Similar to how Deller danced from what I saw." I turned to look his way, grin gone. "Is there a toe he didn't mark black and blue?"

"Jasper danced fine," I defended, before walking back to my seat. "It's not like most people our age have much experience dancing. I'd be shocked if you were much better than him to be completely honest." I took a seat facing the dance floor. A few couples were dancing and Mila and Ana twirled around in a corner, happily oblivious to my situation.

"You've seen me dance," Malfoy reminded as he joined me at the table. Though he refused to sit and instead leaned against the side, blocking my view. I looked up at him, trying to remember.

"The only time I could of possibly seen you dance would have been last Christmas. But you never danced with your mother. Only came up to annoy me."

"I think I remember asking you to dance last Christmas, not annoy you. Though if I remember correctly, there was also that bit about your father potentially abusing you."

"Stop," I warned dangerously, catching his gaze. I huffed, looking away. "That doesn't count as seeing you dance," Malfoy smiled at my interjection like it was nothing.

"But it does mean you owe me a dance. For our mothers' sake, at least." I sat back in my chair and scoffed before shaking my head at his frankness.

"I knew it. I knew you didn't just come here to talk."

"And?" He asked nonchalantly.

"No," I said back shortly, crossing my arms and looking away. I expected him to start complaining like he usually did at this point in our conversations. But rather, he did the opposite.

"You know, at least I am trying to fix your disaster of a night. And don't look at me like that. You think I didn't recognize how angry you were at your partner being late? Or how about that nasty bicker at the table in between dances? And now this," He waved around us. "No date to end the night. A bit sad, don't you think?"

"The only thing I think is sad is how Pansy left you when she was the devoted one between the pair of you. You spent the whole night watching me rather than her."