Chapter 40: Classes at Hogwarts

"How do you think he did it? Hopped the line? Drank an aging potion?"

"Oh please," Marie said matter-a-factly back at Ana. "There is no way a fourth year could have out smarted Albus Dumbledore's aging line. It's just not possible."

"So how do you think he did it then?" Gisele asked, catching up to the group of us walking back to the carriage. Night had fallen like a soft blanket over the school, letting the sky shine openly with stars, the likes of which I have only seen clearly in the great hall's bewitched ceiling. The school had disbanded the moment Harry was escorted out of the room. Dumbledore among many of the other teachers had seemed at a loss of words at what had taken place.

A fourth year in the Triwizard championship? And Harry Potter of all people.

I was having a hard time believing it myself. Entering just didn't seem like something he would do. But then again, did I really know the guy?

"He probably just payed an upperclassman to do it. The cup must be screwed."

"Oh so you could believe that a magic cup- ("goblet of fire" Rosalie muttered) "made by the British ministry is flawed, but not a wonky age line made by an old guy who happens to be school headmaster?" Ana pipped up defensively, causing both Gisele and Marie to look at her in aghast.

"You're joking right? Do you honestly not know about Dumbledore?" Marie asked, blatantly relishing in her superiority over Ana. Gisele on the other hand, was gentler and gave a brief run down of the Hogwarts's headmaster's many great achievements, from the battle of Grindelwald to his works in academia.

"Remind me again of what Madam Maxime has accomplished thus far?" Jacqueline said in the back, causing Rosalie to giggle selfishly as Gisele rolled her eyes, smirking.

"Does it matter?" Ana said getting back on topic. "As long as she can argue her way through cutting Harry Potter out of the Triwizard tournament, she's perfect. If he stays, this entire tournament is worthless and a setup for Hogwarts. Do you know Beauxbatons is currently tied with Hogwarts in Triwizard wins? Because I just found that out and it makes perfect sense how-"

"This tournament was screwed the moment the cup chose Fleur as our champion," Mila said, cutting Ana off grumpily. She was still not over the picks in champions. Especially when it came to Fleur. "Like honestly, what did the cup expect her to have skill wise? Charm the monster to death with a quick batter of the eyes? Swoon the competitors with that Veela charm of hers?"

"See," Marie said to Ana, nodding in her friend's direction. "Another reason why the cup is faulty."

We had reached the carriage and broke apart from conversing further on the topic by having to head to our rooms. Rosalie, who was always a rather perceptive girl, had taken notice of my quiet mood throughout our walk and brought it up as we readied for bed.

"What's your take on all of this? You know Potter, don't you?" Marie looked up eagerly from her pillow set as I slowly rested my hair brush on my bed, thinking.

"I don't think he did it."

Sunday came and went uneventfully. People seemed to ogle at us girls in blue, as if we were some new creature unheard of. My friends didn't seem to see these glances that I'd catch, but I knew something was up.

Most of the Beauxbatons students rounded on the Great Lake to compensate for our lost fountain hot spot. And that was saying something given the colder weather. But having changed into our blazer and skirt combo, the cold was less of a bother.

Those who came up to the Beauxbatons girls weren't so much Hogwarts students but the other foreigners, Durmstrang. Seeing the foreigners flocking to the lake, I watched as Hogwarts students slowly came closer, with their friends, each with their own target of becoming acquainted with. Most were girls, eagerly hoping to catch Krum for an autograph. Some boys were eyeing up Fleur but were either too bashful or had trouble getting to her.