-00-

There was a time when Jasper Hale, an immortal vampire who held a million secrets within his silent heart. He was the one boy in school was always seen with his mouth and body sewn close together so nothing would escape from what he held inside of him. His blonde locks that matched honey and his amber eyes made him stand out amongst the crowd of students.

  But then there was a certain dark-haired, gray eyed girl who would wait in the parking lot for him every day after school. A silly smile would coat her lips when she saw him leave the school, scurrying to come close to her.

Being around Joanna Hodgson made him feel at home. She made him feel comfortable and powerful at the same time. The woman was his everything. Friends for enternity, she would say, because even though she would never become a vampire, she admired being friends with him until she was lowered to the ground in a deep sleep.

  "It's warm," Jasper noted, coming forward to stand in front of his favorite girl. Students glanced at them as they made their way out of the school, heading on home or to their jobs that almost every high school student had to do. Joanna remembered those days.

  Four years ago she graduated and now she stood before him as a twenty-two-year-old woman. A woman who was now working along Esme with her creative skills, working in her large home to create new pieces. The mother of the household also paid her a pretty penny for all her hard work.

  "True," she hummed, inspecting the area around them, swinging her keys on her pointer finger. "These kids are so obnoxious. Was I really like that in high school? Oh, Kinsley!" Japser twisted his body to spot the youngest Hodgson exiting the building, eyes concentrated only on her phone.

However, she never tripped once as she pulled open the car door, sliding into the back seat.

  Joanna rolled her eyes. "She's all busy complaining about finals. Let's hit the road, yeah?" Grinning, she watched as he crawled into the passenger seat as she crawled into the driver's side.

  Barely ten minutes later and they were dropping Kinsley off at home. "'Kay, little one, do good on your finals."

  "Alright," Kinsely responded with a bored tone, grabbing her bag and waltzing into their home as if she ruled the damn planet. When the front door was slammed close, Joanna sighed, leaning her head back against her seat.

  "She's being dramatic again."

  "All teenagers are," Jasper explained, watching as she sent him an unreadable look. "What? What did I say?"

  "You're being a dummy again, buster."  She pointed a finger at him, one of her tattoos shining as pulled her hand away, taking a grip on the steering wheel once more. "Anyhow, how's sex?"

  "I'm not discussing that topic," Jasper drawled, making a disgusting noise when she added,

  "Oh, so my little blondie is playing under the sheets, huh?"

  "You're annoying," Jasper laughed, watching as she flipped him off. Then again, she was smirking so he knew his words didn't trigger her or anything of that sort. The older woman wasn't sensitive as Bella could be in some cases. "Anyway, are you still down for headin' to my home for movie night?"

  "I'm pretty sure Esme wants me to fully move in with you all," Joanna exclaimed, shaking her head as she spoke. "Maybe we can fun little sleep overs and I can tease you since you don't want to talk about your sex life, mysterious."

  "That's because it's nonexistent," Jasper explained, examining as her face hardened as she thought deeply over his words. "No, don't pull an Alice and find someone for me. No. No way in hell. Emmett has already joked about us!"