-08-

"I just chose some odd horror film. That cool?"

  Jasper placed the package of Oreos on the table, fully knowing that's how the human ate the magnificent snacks. Hearing her voice, on the other hand, he placed his attention on her. She slid the movie in front of him, which he smiled in response. The choice was perfect.

  "As long as it doesn't involve vampires or wolves, I'm all good."

  A snort fell from Joanna as she placed the disk into the DVD player. "Didn't they make a book about some teenager girl being caught in a love triangle involving a vampire and a wolf?"

  Nodding along, Jasper stated, "Oh, yeah, they did, didn't they? That reminds me of Bella." The human girl froze at his words before letting her mouth fall open slightly,

  "That's actually... really odd. Bella is in the same situation. Weird. A woman writes a book about some teenage girl falling in love with a vampire while a wolf tries to win her heart." The pair remained silent for a moment. "Okay, let's just get this started."

  Placing herself next to him, she watched as the beginning credits started to roll, eyes full of wonder as she watched. Then, right by her, Jasper watched along, only stealing subtle glances at her as the movie continued.

  Suddenly, Jasper's phone blared right next to them, making the two stare at it. He didn't get up at first, deciding to send a sheepish look at Joanna, whom of which was frowning slightly. "It's just Edward, Joanna." Although his words were full of truth and his features were showing remorse, she held the desire for him to stay. He planned this day for her, making this day focusing solely on her. Now, here was Edward whisking him away for a phone call.

  Then, as the thought over the thoughts, she felt selfish. She felt that she was taking over Jasper's life as a whole because of some monster strangling her every day lately.

  "Oh, I'll pause this then," Joanna mumbled, watching from the corner of her eye as he vanished. A sigh crawled itself from her mouth and she pulled her knees up, resting them under her chin. The sound of a clock ticking echoed in the air, even the occasional notification from her phone making her jump slightly. 

 Ah, silence. The joys that the body of silence could bring to anyone. For Joanna, it made her feel more relaxed than she was seated next to Jasper.

    It made her feel as if arms were curling around her body like a vicious snake, strangling her while she smiled in glee. Pain brought pleasure. It made her feel numb from the world and damn, did she enjoy that feeling.

  "I could feel you from miles away."

  Her dark, grey eyes connected with his golden ones. It was strange, but the numbing feeling she felt disappeared in an instant when she looked at his molten gold pools.

  "I'm just a sad bitch," she joked, playing with the loose strings of her light-colored jeans. "Is being an empath, or whatever you called yourself, hard? I come to believe that it is."

  His weight made the couch crunch. "Sometimes, mostly in school it can be difficult. I've come to terms with it." Meanwhile, as he spoke, Joanna slowly leaned towards him. "I just wish I can help you more."

  "You're  already helping so, so, so much, Jasper," she admitted, closing her eyes, and letting her head rest on his shoulder. "Maybe one day it'll end - it's happened before where the feeling just disappears. On a much brighter note, I'm feeling better that you're here. So, how was the call with Edward?"

  A sigh fell from his lips, and he raked a hand through his long golden locks. His face twisted as she told her, "He's just making sure that we're safe. With the whole army comin', we're all on edge. I cannot believe someone took your blanket."