-11-

"The bruises will disappear in a few days or even up to a week."

Carlisle stepped back, placing his medical bag on his desk. His amber eyes would dance over to her, studying the purple marks that were painted on her snow-colored skin. As a doctor, he would have to check on his patients, making sure they were at the best of health. But Joanna didn't feel that way, she felt more like a statue on display.

Her fingers lightly skimmed the spots that Riley produced. He apologized profusely, and she forgave him. Jasper, on the other hand, was a completely different story. His usual calm demeanor and soft, golden eyes changed with a snap of someone's fingers. He charged at Riley - Joana remembers - and he almost tore his head clean if she didn't scream her head off.

Riley wasn't a killer. He was not a monster. Joanna wouldn't allow him to be in any more pain.

That's why they melted together so easily. The human and vampire were the final last pieces of a puzzle. At first, when Joanna introduced him to everyone, they were all cautious. Rosalie put a fight disagreeing with allowing him to join their coven. He was dangerous, a villain to them.

But when he mentioned that he never asked for this life, Rosalie froze and her lips trembled before she caught her bottom lip with her teeth. "You didn't ask for this life," Rosalie muttered, "then let us help you drift into a safer life." So the Cullens added Riley Biers to their life, making him the seventh official member of the Olympic Coven.

"Hopefully I can keep Jasper calm for that long." She hopped off the couch she was on, stretching her muscles. "Esme talked to my mother, yeah? Did she understand me staying here for a few more nights?" The immortal looked over his shoulder, responding with a soft grin.

"Callie was alright with it all. You're a young adult now, you can make your own decisions."

Carlisle was right. Being at the ripe age of twenty-two, she had a lot more freedom than she could imagine. Sometimes, she forgets about this fact. Often, she still felt like a teenager, confused with reality and relationships. Even now, she's about the same.

"I can hear Jasper," informed Carlisle, gesturing to the door. "I suspect that he wants to see you, Joanna. I hope you feel better soon."

Before she left the room, she let out a, "thank you," then, she shut the door and let herself crash into Jasper's arms. "Life sucks."

"I know," Jasper murmured, running his thick, cold fingers through her raven hair. "Riley is adapting to his new diet pretty well. I'm still adjusting to him. Will you ever tell me how you changed him?" After the events of Joanna changing Riley, promising him a new life, she chose to never reveal how she did it. Edward never knew, he was too busy battling Victoria. Bella didn't hear a peep, as she was distracted by her plan to save everyone. Poor Seth, he was injured and couldn't do much to help. So no one knew besides Joanna herself and Riley.

So when he asked this, she looked up and answered, "Nah." Her fingers played with the end of his forest-green turtleneck. Jasper watched, his amber orbs baring into her head before he sighed, smirking softly. "I'm not regretting my choices, either, Jasper. Riley deserves better and I'm making sure he receives that - a better life. That stuck up bitch, Jenna-"

"-Jane-"

"-I was about to kick her immortal ass. That poor girl, Bre, she didn't deserve death. I wish Jenna would understand my words. But she's a mega-bitch and didn't give a damn," she grumbled, tightening her hold on Jasper's wrist with an iron grip. "I'll beat her ass for what she did."

Chuckling, Jasper let his cold fingers curl under her silky skin, lifting her chin so he could star into her stunning, grey eyes. "I love how you're ready to pick up a fight with anyone."