-epilogue-

[WARNING SEMI-SEXUAL SCENE COMING YOUR WAY!]

"Dude, wanna kiss?"

  Jasper Hale lowered his journal and pen, offering her a curious look. Dressed in her pajamas, which consisted of a pair of black sweatpants and a blue Old Navy t-shirt, Joanna laid sprawled across the end of her bed. Her grey eyes were full of amusement and wonder as she stared at him.

  He was left speechless, so he simply beckoned her up with a curl of his index finger.

  Quickly, Joanna army crawled her way up to him, resting her head on his arm. And shortly after, his lips hesitantly touched her.

  It was there first kiss, but it didn't set fireworks off inside not them. There was no spark that ignited in their hearts. There was electric feel.

Their kiss just deepened their relationship. Their first kiss made everything set in place.

  Joanna's fingers trailer under his chin, cupping his jaw as she, without any skill, messily licked his lower lip. He opened his mouth, allowing her to slip her tongue in, but she didn't go do far. He gained her trust and shoved his tongue into her mouth, catching her off guard.

  Joanna had to pull away, for she couldn't contain her laughter.

Cheeks red like she was kissed by the sun, she grinned sloppily at him. "I didn't expect that."

  He matched her grin. "I'm just like that. Want me to read to you what I have so far?" Eagerly, she snuggled into his side, laying her head against his arm. Her raven locks spread across him and he enjoyed the silkly touch they left on his exposed neck.

  "She looks at me again," Jasper began, glancing down to Joanna to know that what he wrote was based around her. His mate. His lover. His girlfriend. "Her eyes were easy to catch across the span of people. I was growing nervous, anxious from the smell of everyone in the store. It was crowded; claustrophobic even. I felt myself losing control."

  Joanna gripped his shirt tightly at that part.

  "But her laugh calmed me instantly. I was safe. When I home. So when I maneuvered through all those folks, and grabbed her hand, she smiled at me and, as always, I couldn't find my own off."

  As on que, Joanna is smiling. Seconds later, his own smile was blossoming across his face. Wrinkles performed a show on his cheeks as he did this.

  "You have a way with words," she tells him and she means it. "My english teachers have nothing compared to you."

  "This is just some lazy work of mine," Jasper explained, placing his journal and pen on her nightstand before rolling over so she was secured under him. With arms on each side of her head, their faces were just centimeters apart. "Maybe you make me lazy, ma'am."

  "Possibly," she mused, growing hotter as his eyes trailed all over her face. "But I swear to God if you call me ma'am again."

  He leaned closer, the peach fuzz on them touching. Lips barely touching as he asked, "Or what? Let me hear your thoughts and plans if I dare call you that name again, Joanna."

Without hesitation, she stated softly, "I'll kiss you and kiss you."

  "Try me-" her grin faltered, cheeks burning so serverly she swore flames were dancing across every inch of her creamy skin, "-ma'am."

  Locking her hands in his loose, honey blonde waves, she pulled him down. Lips smashed together, they both groaned.

  His cold ones felt so soothing against her warm ones. His hands skimmed across her skin, scared that any touch will damage her, but when they clutched her arms and spun her around so she was straddling him, all she could do was sigh. Perfect. Full of bliss, she drowned in the champagne that he poured on her.