-02-

"What do you wear to a graduation ceremony?"

Joanna questioned her mother, whom of which was sitting on her bed and lazily sipping at her freshly brewed coffee. Dressed in a hoodie, a pair of old, cotton shorts and her hair flowing freely behind her, Callie offered her daughter a shrug. The sound of porcelain scraping against wood echoed in the room as she walked over to where her daughter stood.

By her cluster doors, Joanna fiddled with the material of an old, cream-colored sundress that had an assortment of flowers exploding across the fabric. "Do I go formal? Semi-formal? Casual, like a pair of pants and a nice shirt? What the hell do I wear?"

Ignoring her daughter's language, she jerked her hip to her daughter, making her move away as she searched. Her mother was quiet; she was always quiet when she was busy doing some sort of task and in this case, it was finding her eldest daughter something to wear to one of her best friend's graduation.

"Do you like wearing blue?" Callie questioned, knowing her daughter changed her favorite color a lot. "How about this nice blue color. I think it's called prussian blue? Might be wrong, but I think it'll look stunning on you." Out she pulled an empire waist dress that was strapless, having the beautiful blue color.

Kinsley had bought her that very dress when she was a senior in high school and she wore it for her graduation photoshoot.

"I like it," Joanna mumbled, admiring the dress with her eyes and dress. "Now, I have less than thirty minutes to get ready and head down there. You coming along?"

Callie nodded swiftly. "Of course," she told her before exiting the room because Joanna was about to change.

The dress was easy to slip on, along with a pair of black pumps that shaped her legs nicely. With this outfit chosen, she knew she would get some onlookers - her tattoos were exposed - and she didn't mind. She loved her tattoos, but she didn't like her scars that were displayed on her ankle.

She chose to mark them there, for it would be easier to hide them.

"Are you ready?" Her mother knocked on the door, voice muffle by the wood. Joanna jerked her head towards the door, calling out her answer.

"You look beautiful, Jo," Callie praised, grinning as she took in her daughter's attire. "The color really brings out your eyes."

Sheepishly, she told her, "Thank you, mama. Honestly, you look dashing in that little black dress. I like the yellow heels, too." Blushing, Callie thanked her before grabbing her purse, keys, phone, and water.

"I don't believe we'll be late."

They were late.

"Why the fuck is there so many cars?!"

"Hey!" Callie sent her daughter a look while she slowly inched toward a parking spot. "Don't worry."

Joanna grumbled incoherent words under her breath just as her mother pulled into an empty parking spot. Gathering their items, Joanna jumped out of her car to only be greeted by the rest of the Cullen family: Carlisle, Esme, Emett, and Rosalie. However, Rosalie looked like she didn't want to be there at all.

"What a beautiful dress!" Esme exclaimed, hugging Joanna who grew chills from the woman's temperature. Yet, she made no move to drift away from her hold. "Blue looks stunning on you."

As they pulled away, Joanna quietly thanked her. "Can we go in yet?" Rosalie butted in, playing with one of her loose curls. Emmett was by her side, a lazy arm draped around her waist as he held her close, their height difference made Joanna amused. "I'm dying out here," she complained.