-01-

A loud storm erupted right outside of the Cullen home, making the abode shake hastily. The chandelier in the dining room swung dangerously above Joanna as she ate the food Esme cooked for her - bless her heart - and Joanna continued to eat. The storms never really bothered her all that much.

"Wow, I'm saved," Joanna mumbled sarcastically, watching as Jasper, Edward, and Bellanall entered the room with their mouths opening and closing, words escaping them that she didn't care to hear. "Come, come, sit with me blondie."

Jasper didn't complain, because sitting next to her always made him relax. "So... graduation?"

  "I'm nervous," Bella said truthfully, playing with Edward's fingers when he placed his large hand on the table. "It's a big thing of my life and then after, it'll be the big day." Her eyes glimmered under the warm light above them as she glanced at Edward, already finding him looking back at her.

  "Oh, yeah, you're gonna be immortal. You're the only one who can touch my wrinkles," Joanna mused, laughing when Bella kicked her under the table. "I'm not a fan of changing. Jasper here isn't wanting to do that."

  The said boy gave her a look. "I never said that. You brought it up and I didn't answer."

  "I assumed," she blurted, finishing her food. "Change me if you want - I just want kids. How come Rose, Esme, or Alice haven't had kids yet?"

Across from her, Edward froze, so did Jasper. The two males looked at each other, silently discussing through Edward's gift. "Vampires can't produce life," Bella interjected, sending a small glare between the boys. "When you become immortal, life is stripped away from you."

  "Oh," Joanna stated, shaking her head subtly, "then changing isn't on my grocery list. I'll stay human."

  "Of course," Jasper blantly said, something in shifting.  "Chanting is a very important, difficult, and challenging thing to do. The pain is horrible, extremely horrible and you change completely."

  The human sent a look to Bella, "Have fun with that."

  "I'm good with pain," Bella explained, smiling in reassurance."

  However, Joanna rolled her gray eyes. "You banged your toe on the coffee table and started crying because it hurt so bad." A blush bloomed on her cheeks and Jasper became rigid on Joanne side. "Our time to leave! Let's go, dude."

  Gripping onto him, she pulled him out of the room and towards the living room where Rosalie already was. But when the blonde female spotted them, she fled.

  "She really doesn't like me."

  "Please," Jasper grunted, catching Joanna's attention quickly. "Take me somewhere else."

  Following his plea, she guided him up to his quarters. Closing the door behind them, she could feel him melt, his taunt body falling as he was sent away from Bella.

  "Sorry," he apologized.

  "Don't be. Controlling urges can be difficult for you and for anyone else." Black locks smooshed by her head as the wind entered the room through Jasper's doors that led the balcony. They were closed instantly by him, small droplets coating his marble skin.

  "It's difficult," he added, wiping away at the rain drops before focusing on her. His golden eyes dazzled for a moment as they locked eyes, "So, let's change a better topic, yeah? Graduation is comin' up soon and I'm still nervous after countless years." His drawl fell through his voice as he spoke.

  From her spot in the room, standing by his door, she grinned freely. "I was the same way, though I haven't graduated as many times as you guys. I'm still saving up for college."