-10-

Sleeping in the same tent as Isabella Swan could be labeled as torture. The brunette was a cuddler whenever she fell into a deep slumber and currently she was halfway on Joanna's back.

Edward was sitting in the corner, guarding the door while a storm battled outside of their little home. The material of the tent rattled against them, the wind howling in their ears.

And the smiling vampire watched as Joanna tried to pry Bella off her back. "I see that smile, Cullen, and I'm not too happy about seeing it."

His smile never faltered, but a chuckle escaped from the premises of his throat, making her growl in return. "Does she do this to you?" Edward nodded,

"She does and when I'm not there, she's clutching onto a blanket or pillow, imagining it is me." Edward holds a smug look for a moment, though the look is sent to his lover, Bella Swan as she clutches to Joanna. She can hear her shallow breath, her small whimpers in her sleep. She swore she could hear the brunette say, 'In your dreams, Charlie,' before she twisted her head.

Joanna buried her head in her hands. "I'll give you anything to peel her off of me, Cullen."

"Anything?" Edward echoes.

"Anything," Joanna grunted, deadbeat on getting the human off her back. "But you're not eating my ballsac of a cat." Ignoring her last comment, Edward edged forward, and with skillful hands, removed Bella from Joanna. "Thank you."

Edward opened his mouth, clearly ready to respond back to her before a certain teenager entered their tent. Looking deader than a zombie, Jacob Black smiled a small smile at Joanna and the sleeping Bella. But, of course, he sent a scowl towards Edward.

Not this again, Joanna mentally told herself. Putting on her crown, Joanna set a firm hand on Jacob. "What's up, dude?"

"I cannot sleep with your guys' constant talking. I can also hear Bella chattering her teeth while she sleeps. It's not healthy to sleep like this in this condition. I thought you would know that even, you freak-"

"Jacob, shut up," Joanna harshly whispered, sending a look down to Bella to make sure she was still dormant. "You can have a hissy fit in the morning. Right now, I want to get a damn inch of sleep and I can't with you two if you're going to argue. Grow the hell up, jeez! Bella and I are freezing. Unless you wanna warm us up, Jacob, get your ass by Bella. Now."

Sticking his tail between his hind legs, Jacob squished himself by Bella. Instead of latching onto him, Bella twisted in the other direction and clasped onto Joanna again.

"You've got to be kidding me," Joanna grumbled, curling herself closer to Bella to share some of Jacob's warmth. "In the morning, I'm beating her into a pulp."

"Yeah, I bet you will," Jacob whispered sarcastically, even rolling his eyes afterward.

Joanna rolled her own eyes, biting on her lip as she peered down at the sleeping girl. "Do you know for sure that everything is going to be fine tomorrow?"

Edward nor Jacob could answer and Joanna felt hopeless.

"We're not going to die if that's what your asking," Jacob shrugged, receiving a death glare from Edward. "What? You and I both know that it's going to be extremely dangerous out there tomorrow."

"Life is so shitty," Joanna groaned. Her figure shivered under the blankets and Jacob was quick to wrap his arm around her. "Thank you, Jacob."

The atmosphere shifted. Night turned to day and before Joanna knew it, she was feeling the sun run on her skin, making her feet slightly warm under the chilling temperatures.