Higher ground;; 3

The two small boys moved within the beautiful forest, the older one was still holding the others hand, making sure he didn't lose the smaller boy. Mathias continued talking the entire way while Lukas listened quietly.

After an hour hike, the boys reached their special place, this little piece of ground would become their secret hiding spot. It happened to be a beautiful place on the top of a mountain encircled by trees, tiny streams of water, you could easily look up at the gorgeous sky above.

"This place, It looks like a fairytale.." the smaller Norwegian boy murmured showing a bit of emotion for the first since he had arrived. Lukas' eyes sparkled, and a tiny smile appeared on his face. Mathias looked delighted toward the younger boy, he began having a joyful feeling within. He didn't get a grasp of what it meant, yet he just couldn't take his eyes of the Norwegian boy. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't. He had hardly known Lukas for two or three hours, but he felt a connection between himself and the Norwegian boy.

Lukas glanced around a bit further, before taking out a book. "This place is amazing, It reminds me of the books the ladies gave me..." The five-year-old boy said sitting down against a tree. Mathias grinned and stepped over to him. "Can you read something for me?!" The taller boy asked him cheerfully. Lukas nodded and opened his book, showing drawings of magical beings. The pair stayed there, reading about creatures, gods and legends until the sun went under.

Meanwhile, in a village in Sweden, A ten-year-old boy was preparing for combat training. His name was 'Berwald Oxenstierna' the next ruler of the Oxenstierna tribe. His father 'Ingvar Oxenstierna', was growing older and had required his son to be ready to take over the tribe when the boy became the right age. Berwald had no other siblings, which made him the only available option. 

Berwald had not many friends, most of them judged him to be scary. He happened to be taller than the most children of his age, Yet that wasn't the only problem. He had a scary expression. even adults got scared of the way he glared at them. Sometimes he got sad about the way he looked, then his mother always told him the things she liked about him.

"Berwald there is no need to be sad, Look at you, you will be a great leader and Warrior just like your father is. You will be big and strong, girls will fall for you the second they see you, because of your beautiful eyes," she said one night when she saw him sitting alone, looking up at the stars above them. It always made him feel better, he smiled a tiny bit and hugged his mother.

The Swedish boy was very close with his parents, His Father was a hero in his eyes. he always fought for their freedom, The Oxenstierna tribe was strong, not based on Magic like the Bondevik tribe. They were one of the two strongest tribes of all the tribes in the Nordic area. They only had one rival, The Køhler tribe, they had been fighting for hundreds of years, Berwald had learned to hate them. The stories his father told him made him angry, one of the former leaders of the Køhler tribe killed his grandfather, And stole their alliance.

Until a hundred years ago the bond between the Bondevik tribe and The Oxenstierna tribe was perfect, they fought together side by side. But then the Køhler tribe came to live and formed an alliance with them! They never actually fought the Bondevik tribe, they didn't need to, yet. Berwald's plan reforming an alliance with them anyway, even if he needed to force them. he wanted nothing but to make his father and the other leaders before him proud.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hiya!

Thank you so much for reading yet another chapter! 

[Edit] I apologise, this chapter is quite short. The chapters get longer later on.

⚠️I do not own the fanart that has been used for this chapter, nor do I own the characters or Hetalia itself.⚠️

-Dino