Higher ground;; 14

A few months earlier. 

"Mathias we can't enter in the west even if we wanted to," Lukas said annoyed hoping his boyfriend would finally listen to what he had to say. "No Lukas, we can enter. It is faster and they won't see us coming." Mathias said moving his fingers along the road he wanted to follow on the map in front of him. Everyone followed his finger closely, excluding Lukas. He placed his hands loudly on the table and stood up,  causing the chair he was sitting on to fall down on the ground. "Will you listen to me for once in your life, Køhler?" Lukas spoke angrily. The Danes eyes widened.

What had Lukas just called him, Køhler? He never called him that not even when they first met. Everyone was currently staring at the Norwegian man. He cleared his throat and continued "there are many obstacles we need to pass if we want to get through the west. The mountains are tall, and even my strongest magician can't pass it with their magic." He stopped for a few seconds, grabbed the map from Mathias and moved his finger among the mountains on the map. He stopped his finger on the highest mountain, waited a few seconds and then moved to a lake. "The lakes are deep, with monsters deep down. If they smell you. Then you won't get passed the river." Lukas wanted to continue but he was stopped "Listen up 'Bondevik' I know what I'm doing. Your magicians may be obstacles won't pass those 'dangerous' but my men are strong they'll get passed it!" Mathias' voice became louder with every word he exclaimed.

The other men from his tribe cheered him on, while the magician's from Lukas glared at them like all the men were too stupid to think for themselves. "Don't be foolish, every single one of you will die if you choose the path in the west. Even if you're the strongest warrior." He looked every single man straight in the eyes, slowly moving his glare from the one to the other. The rested his glare on Mathias. "If you decide to pick that road. I am not willing to work with you on this. I will send my own man by themselves." Mathias didn't look away from Lukas when he told his men to leave the room. "I want to speak with you under four eyes, please tell your man to leave." Lukas nodded and told his man to leave with one signal of his hand.

The men left and the couple was now left alone in the room. They stayed quiet for a few seconds. Lukas dropped his act and walked up to Mathias taking the man's face in his hands. "Mathias I beg you, it may be faster but it isn't worth it. You will die!" Lukas said showing a bit of sadness. That's when Mathias dropped his act as well. "Lukas how faster we can defeat the Oxenstierna tribe how better." He said while putting his arms around Lukas' waist pulling him closer. "Mathias, it doesn't matter how fast you are. If you pass those obstacles you won't even make it to the Oxenstierna tribe."  Lukas said while moving his hands to Mathias' chest. "You know this Mathias, you aren't stupid."  The taller man moved his face closer to the Norwegian's face. "He hurt you, Lukas, that was the first time I was you cry like that. I will never forgive anyone who hurt you!" Mathias said placing his forehead against the Norwegian man's forehead. Lukas smiled at his boyfriend "Idiot, you can't put your life on the line for something like this." The smaller man pulled his Danish boyfriend in a soft kiss. The taller man pulled away after a few seconds, stared his boyfriend in the eyes and something that made Lukas' heart go wild.

"I would give my life just to protect you, Lukas."

-----------------------------------------------------------

I made it in time! 

Ok hi everyone- I hoped everyone loved this chapter because I loved writing this one. 

Also, this fanfiction hit 300 reads so thank you so much! See y'all next week

- Dino