Higher ground;; 25

Recap of chapter 24

Berwald had gotten into a fight with Lukas, nearly killing him. The Swede was in an uncontrollable state, which he didn't remember anything from afterwards.

In the meanwhile, Tino had found Mathias and had confined him to join forces with him to bring peace. Which after a short fight he agreed on. The two just arrived in time to save Lukas. 

But Tino, on the other hand, became terrified of his Swedish lover. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Berwald slowly stepped towards Tino, ignoring the two love birds. The Finnish man backed further way with every step Berwald took. He opened his arms wishing Tino would dive into them, but the shorter man stayed put. Terrified of the taller man.

Berwald's emotionless face changed, he was doubtful what the do. He could see Tino was hurt, and the tinier boys response confirmed that it was Berwald who hurt him. 'What did he do? Did Tino hate him?' All these questions flew through the Swede's mind.

Seeing the purple-eyed man upset hurt him. He never wanted to see the blonde so upset. But the most important problem was, it was Berwald who caused it.

The Swedish tribe leader sat down on his knees, hoping Tino would be less "frightened" of him. He held out his hand, tears appearing in his eyes.

He couldn't lose the Finn, out of all people, not him. He loved him more than anything. 'I can't lose him. Please, Tino, forgive me.' 

"Tino, it is me. I promise you, I don't know what happened back there." The Swede's aqua-coloured eyes were still full of tears.

Tino did not like seeing Berwald like this but he was too scared to walk towards him. He did not know what it was. But this was the Berwald he admired but the man was still terrified of the blonde Swede.

Berwald crawled closer to the small Finn. Who stepped backwards, turned around and was ready to run away.

He had jumped up and ran forwards as fast as he could, the violet-eyed man was now running away from him. Berwald was taller, so it wasn't difficult for him to catch up with Tino.

He put his arms around the blonde man. The Swedish man rested his head upon the back of the Finn's head. Tino tried his hardest to not hug him back in some way. Instead, he placed his hands on the taller Blonde's arms.

It stayed silent for a short while, but Berwald was the first one to speak up. "Tino," silence formed his way in the conversation when the aqua eyed man carefully surged for his words.

"Please forgive me." The taller man said pulling Tino closer to his body. The Finn turned around slowly a smiled softly. He looked up at gazed in the Swedes eyes. His eyes were back to his usual expression, the hatred and the lust for power were gone.

The blonde Finn pushed himself apart for Berwald's strong body. The tribe leader didn't want the Finnish man to run off, he quickly but lightly grasped the smaller man's hand.

The tears on Berwald's face had vanished, the only thing showing his emotions were his gorgeous aqua-blue eyes. Tino could get lost in them, he knew it wasn't his Berwald, so forgiving him was easy. Wishing he would never see the taller man in such state again.