Higher Ground;; 16

[Chapter 14]
The sun had already disappeared. Which meant most people were inside getting ready to go to bed. With every step the two made, the atmosphere became more and more awkward

-------

Berwald stopped walking all of a sudden. This made Tino really confused and also a bit worried. The smaller Male shifted his look between the Swedish tribe leader and the way Berwald was staring at. It was silent for a moment before Berwald spoke. "Tino.. Go alarm the village, I see ships from the Køhler tribe in the distance." Tino's heart started to race. "Berwa-" the Finnish man was cut off by the tribe leader "Tino. Go." The smaller male nodded and started to alarm every single person in the tribe. Berwald ran off shortly after. 

It took them about thirty minutes to get ready, the Køhler tribe didn't make a move yet. Everyone was running around, children crying, people screaming at each other. Berwald ran around trying to calm everyone. Both genders needed to fight so the Swedish man ran around trying to find Tino hoping he would take care of the children. It was hard because the Finnish man was smaller than the people other people in his tribe but he found the male not long after. Their eyes locked and both males ran towards each other. "Tino! Can you please bring the children to safety?" The smaller male hesitated and nodded. Berwald wanted to turn away when Tino stopped him "Berwald wait!" Tino said grabbing Berwald's arm. The Swedish tribe leader stopped and looked at the person he held so dear. Tino pulled Berwald down and place a kiss on the other males' lips. He pulled away after a few seconds. "Stay alive," he said his slips still close to Berwald's. The Swedish man put on a tiny smile and nodded.

Both men let go of each other. Tino started to collect the children while Berwald was telling his warriors what to do. He was pointing at the directions, creating groups of warriors. People turned around to look at Berwald one last time before leaving. A few more mothers left their children with him. He grabbed a weapon and left. The oldest child was around sixteen. He came along to protect the children if they needed protection.

Berwald watched Tino leave the village with the children. He sighed in relieve, now the next generation and this loved one will be saved. At least that what he hoped. He truthful hoped the other tribes showed respect to children. He then went back to preparing for the fight, two men and a woman came running towards him "sir, give us your orders." The female said ready to battle. Berwald thought for a second and responded "Dagny, can you please take your husband and oldest son with you to keep an eye on the Køhler tribe?" She nodded and signed the two-man to follow her. Berwald watched the three leave the village. Everything was ready for the battle.

Tino was running deeper into the woods. Holding a child and a weapon, he had a total of nine children plus the sixteen-year-old. He was in front and the sixteen-year-old in the back. "Let's stop here for a second," Tino said out of breath. The children started to sit down and the oldest child walked over to Tino. "I never asked your name did I?" Tino asked finally catching his breath. "It is Ake." The boy said letting go of the children in his arms. "Nice to meet you Ake my name is Tino, thank you for coming along." The boy smiled and nodded "The pleasure is all mine."  it didn't take long before they started walking again. It was now around midnight and there were dangerous animals in the woods or worse they could find tribe members of the Køhler tribe. The animals were more likely, it was winter which meant that there wasn't much food of any of them.   And a group with helpless children was a good opportunity to fill their empty stomachs.