Chapter 3: First inheritance

10:58pm. A body laid on the ground, blood seeping onto the hardwood floor. Only panting could be heard from him. Vernon had only just left the room, claiming he had wasted his time. 

11:14pm. It took 16 minutes for Harry to at least sit up, finally he climbed up on his bed and let the tears run free. Ostium had slithered down from the top of the wardrobe and carefully laid on his pillow near his head. The excruciating pain from earlier combined with the throbbing bruises, cuts, broken bones and reopened wounds made things worse than usual.

11:32pm. The pain of the beating had reduced a little but the throbbing pain throughout his body continued to increase and he just laid down on the broken, dirty and badly made bed and clenched his eyes shut. The creases around his eyes gave the tears running down his cheeks a pathway. His eyes opened slightly as the pain dulled enough to take a deep breath and open his eyes to a blurry room.

11:34pm. Harry's eyes had begun to glow the famous avada kedavra green as the pain increased to unbearable pain. 

11:51pm. Only 18 minutes since the last wave of pain disappeared, he longed to feel an empty and numb body and mind. His body and mind was overloading with senses as he struggled to stay quiet in hope of not waking Vernon, Petunia or Dudley. Wounds that were carved into his back were stinging due to the pressure of laying on his back. The scratch marks on his arms throbbed until every shallow cut had numbed the pain. His skull was pounding like the big ben's clock chime, echoing and rough. 

11:58pm. Harry had unknowingly put up a wandless and wordless silencing charm, his head, back, neck, elbows, knees, waist, wrists, shoulder, fingers, upper thighs and ankles felt like they were ripping apart. His stomach, chest, calfs, feet, forearms and every place in between joints and the places where vital bones met were numb. Ostium was slithering on the pillow desperately trying to figure out a way to help his master.

12:00am. The pain was absolutely excruciating and every part of his body was screaming.Or maybe it was Harry screaming; either way, the pain felt like every cell of his body was ignited with fire.

12:17am. The pain had finally stopped for the most part, he had managed to work out that his weight seemed a lot heavier and carefully sat up. Ostium stayed on the pillow staring at his master in admiration and astonishment. 

"Master, you look different, a good different. You look powerful, your magic feels incredibly overwhelming." Ostium hissed quietly, still amazed by what his master looked like. 

Harry walked over to find a shard of glass from under the floorboards, about the size of his face.

Harry's hair had gotten somehow even darker than thought possible, unlike his straight hair before, his hair had gotten natural strong waves. His hair had been magically shaved in a faded style at the side, a golden and silver crown that fit perfectly around the back of his head and around the ears. 

His ears had gotten a point to the end of them. His right eye had stayed a bright avada kadavra green but had a black sclera, his left eye was blue with a red sclera. His facial features had gotten sharper and stronger. His eyesight had completely healed, and he had grown to roughly 5'7 and had thin, serious lips.

He had gained curved horns that protruded above his ears and small ones down the middle of his head, from forehead to the nape of his neck. He had stitches around his neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, waist, upper thighs, knees and ankles, all a black/dark green colour.

The most noticeable features were the two pairs of wings coming out of his back. The first pair being a silky, feathered black wings, and the second pair being a pair of dragon like wings, the skin being rough yet smooth, horns coming out of the elbow joint of the grey wings.

Feeling amazed and surprised at the new appendages, it took a few minutes to focus on the fact that he had a few glowing marks on his torso.

On his right shoulder blade there was a black, fading into white, feather that had gold and silver marking down his right side, shoulder and upper arm, partly on his neck as well.

12:35am. Harry had finally taken in all that had happened in the past half hour and snapped his head towards his pile of books in the corner. He had found a book at hogsmeade about inheritances and only read a little bit on the train.

12:43am. Harry had found part of what he was looking for. 

~DEMON/FALLEN ANGEL~

In a demon/ fallen angel inheritance the person will gain certain features of said inheritance. The person will either receive a pair of wings or a demon/fallen angel mark. Some people have reported having these qualities but none have reported having both traits.

A person with wings has been chosen by Lady Magic to be gifted upon this trait, it is rare but not unheard of. The person would have the ability to fly obviously but would be able to create wind and shadows, with an angel inheritance you would have control of wind but light as opposed to shadows. Many fallen angel, demon or any "dark" inheritances are shunned because of their abilities and possible threatening powers. The wings represent the flowing ability of their magic even if it had been or is constricted. 

The other sign of this inheritance is the mark. Much like druid symbols which were marked on a person's body, back in Merlin's days these were extremely common to have if you possessed magic. The mark could range from animals to objects, most common were the animagus animal they had gained due to the inheritance. But if a person already had an animagus form before the inheritance, they would still gain one but not get the animal mark, an important heirloom or a sentimental object from the past. King Arthur and Merlin both had a mark like this since they were, in the legend, reported to have been magically and romantically bonded. Whether the legend is true or not has not been evidenced, but many who believe it to be real are some who have received an inheritance. They claimed to have felt a certain feeling in their magic, communicating to them that this was true, but again, no physical evidence can be recalled.

Both Merlin and King Arthur had a feather, Merlin silver, and Arthur golden. Throughout time, the black and white marking protruding from behind the feather grew, On Arthur they only grew to his fingertips, neck and mid thigh, also covering part of his back and side. Merlin however, his markings grew more due to living longer, but slower also due to living past his bond mate's life span. Merlin's markings grew to cover his face upwards, going around his eyes and causing golden and silver antlers purely made of magic to stick out of his head. They covered all his back, all his side and both his legs. The markings grew from pure white for when Arthur was alive, to having gone pitch black after Arthur's death. Clear and magnificent markings covered his whole body, most black but in between the black and white was a grey faded colour, to show when Arthur had been dying.

Arthur's body also had grey marks due to him dying slowly but luckily for him, painlessly. 

This legend was the beginning of the light and dark seperation. The light representing positive emotions and long lives whereas the dark represented negative emotions and short lives. 

The marking of a feather is the most rare mark to gain and no one in the whole world has been reported to have had the mark. 

1:02am. Harry sat frozen in shock and the overwhelming sadness for Merlin having to live his life without his bond mate. So harry was rare, but what of the other two inheritances? Harry smiled at the thought of being a good kind of different. Harry's marks had started to glow slightly, and his feathery wings started to ruffle and fluff up, both without Harry's knowledge, him too distracted to worry or care anymore.