Chapter 10: Escape

4:53pm. Harry and Dudley got back and by instinct Harry looked over to the driveway to see if Vernon's car was there. It wasn't. 

4:56pm. Harry made it to his room and as quiet as he could he shut the door and collapsed onto his bed. Ostium hissed from being woken up from his nap, but shut up as he saw his masters injured form. "Masssster?! What happened to you? Do I need to punish anyone for hurting you?" Ostium threatened, his voice getting more dangerous as he looked more over Harry.

"Nah, I'm fine. It just stings a little, I need to clean up before we leave..." Harry reassured tiredly, the pain in his voice betraying his words.

4:58pm. Harry carefully sat up and winced as his ankles screamed from the pressure on his cracks and breaks. "I don't think it's gotten this bad before, actually no, there's definitely been worse. I'm just being a child about this..." Harry muttered to himself, although Ostium heard every word and worried greatly about his master. "Don't worry, Ostium. I'm going to head to Gringotts before Vernon gets home."

5:00pm. "FREAK! GET DOWN HERE AND MAKE DINNER FOR MY DUDDERS!" Harry's head snapped up and said to Ostium quickly and quietly, "You can go and get a mouse for dinner, but be back before we leave. I get locked in around 7 once I've finished with dinner. Slither out the back door once I'm in the kitchen. Don't let anyone see you." Ostium nodded and gently slithered up Harry's left leg.

5:02pm. Harry made it to the kitchen and began making spaghetti bolognese as soon as he saw Ostium slither out the door.

5:46pm. "Hurry up wanker, I'm hungry." Dudley called from the table, he had a napkin tucked in his shirt because he was so fucking messy when he ate, it went everywhere.

"Yes Dudley" Harry finished plating the spaghetti and served two bowls to Dudley who was practically being brainwashed by the T.V. Then he put a plate down in front of Petunia. 

5:59pm. Harry had finished washing up the plates from earlier in the day and leaned against the counter, subtly petting Ostium, who had returned and climbed up to his right arm and holding onto his wrist that wasn't fractured. His eyes were on the clock, making sure his mental clock was in time, it was as always. 

6:06pm. Harry got given the washing up and braced himself as he dipped his hands into the soapy water to find the sponge that had sunk to the bottom. His hands shook as the fear of Vernon getting back crawled up his back.

6:09pm. The pain in the back of his left hand was starting to throb every time his hand moved even the slightest.

6:11pm. A drop of red fell into the sink, the water was a disgusting yellowy brown from the bolognese. Even so the red was so clear in the water. 

6:28pm. The last plate was put up on the drying rack. The thought finally occurred to Harry that the drop of red was blood from his face. He was surprised Petunia hadn't mentioned it, but most likely she knew it was Dudley ad probably praised him when she looked at Harry limping in the house. 

6:30pm. Petunia had come over to the sink and told Harry to wipe down the table and clean the dining room floor then go into his room.

6:35pm. Harry had finished wiping down the table of sauce and crumbs that gathered over the course of the three meals. Harry's hand was grateful for Dudley having an ice lolly for dessert instead of ice cream. That would require more washing up and Harry was almost sure that he was on the brink of tears.

6:42pm. Harry finished cleaning the dining room floor and put away the broom. Petunia had been watching her nephew and had hit Harry with the back of her hand on his head when she thought he started to slow down, he hadn't.

Once Harry was done he looked his aunt in the eye and walked up to the stairs, only just avoiding the kick headed towards his bad leg. Petunia scowled and followed Harry until he had gotten to the bathroom. She stopped him and pointed towards the bathroom, "Go to the toilet now. I don't want you pissing yourself and stinking up the whole house"

Harry obeyed with a gleam of relief in his eye, however his frown did not waver in the slightest.

6:45pm. Harry walked out towards his bedroom at the end of the hall, only just spotting his aunt leaning against the wall examining her nails. Petunia slammed the door and Harry had to hold his hands over his ears to stop the ringing. Ostium slithered down his arm and onto the bed he was sat on. 

6:46pm. The last lock was heard and Harry got up ignoring the pain in his leg. He knelt down and found his mirror shard and saw the large amount of blood on his face for the first time, since he forgot to look in the bathroom.

He tried to rub off as much dried blood as possible but it only caused pain to explode like fireworks in his jaw. 

6:49pm. Harry managed to painfully rub off a bit of blood, but a clear trail of blood from his nose, mouth and large gash remained. Making sure his clothes were in decent condition after changing into a new t-shirt and blue skinny jeans. He grabbed his navy blue jacket and the gringotts letter, reading it over as Ostium slithered back up his arm.

Dear Mr Potter,

we have been received news of your inheritance coming into play, if you could please visit Gringotts, we would like to share some important news of your inheritance and your vaults. Please arrive as soon as you can, it's not urgent but I feel it would be better to get it notified now. -Shacklehook

Hold the letter and say 'Galleons' and you will be apparated outside of Gringotts.

6:54pm. Harry looked at Ostium and took a deep breath.

"Galleons."