Chapter 14: Vaults

8:21pm. "We've tried healing the bones and wounds but the injuries have either been there for too long and need st. Mungo's healing magic, or can't be healed by our specific magic. Our magic is limited, but there is a chance that when you go back to school you could show this to the hospital wing, and the healer there could help you." Shacklehook said with a grim expression, one that differed from his usual scowling expression.

Panic overtook Harry's body as the information from the parchment began to sink in. "So it's hopeless? I can't be fixed?" He whispered, his eyes gleaming with unshed tears, looking at the list from before he passed out. Specifically his parent's names, they brought solace to him as he saw that they weren't put under a spell, or forced to love him. But it equally brought his spirits down when he looked at the word deceased. 

His emotions were like a tug of war. One side wanting to bring his spirits up even if it was just a little. But the other was bringing down his spirits, obviously not it's intention. It was only trying to save him from the heartbreak of denial. The latter side was winning. Harry no longer wanted to hope, he knew everything good that has ever happened in his life was just going to end. Harry no longer wanted to become emotionally attached to anything ever, knowing it will just break his heart and drown his burning hope flaming from in his heart.

8:30pm. At this point Harry was like a vase on a pedestal. The pedestal was shaking. An earthquake of emotions shook the surface. What was to happen if the vase shattered?

"We're not saying that your case is hopeless. We are just saying that we are not strong enough to heal you. Other people can, the best we can do is offer emotional and financial support when you need it." Ripclaw reassured the broken and unstable boy.

"You have shown us hope. You and your inheritances could be past Merlin's level of magic someday, and to be there in person or to have helped you on your journey is reward enough." Shacklehook added with a sincere smile that hadn't appeared on his face since... well he couldn't remember the last time he smiled. But this boy, oh he was giving all three goblins a feeling of hope, how he was doing it was unknown but they didn't deny the emotion.

They welcomed it, just how they welcomed Harry as one of their own. The moment he bowed for each goblin who had assisted him, showed he had a respectful and loyal heart. He could've done fantastic in Hufflepuff, or in any house that is.

Harry smiled and bowed his head again, this time facing towards Shacklehook. "Now that that's all cleared up, let's talk about his vault business", a look of determination and confidence fell upon his face. Clearly a good Gryffindor as well.

8:34pm. Shacklehook nodded and passed another parchment towards Harry. "This is a list of all your vaults, withdrawals and a total amount, I must say I am frustrated towards a certain detail of this. But other than that everything is fine, and just for clarification, you must get permission to have access to the Black and Lupin vaults"

VAULTS:

SLYTHERIN- 753,943,204 galleons, 592,438,463 sickles, 967,345,616 knuts (No withdrawals)

GRYFFINDOR- 649,738,728 galleons, 843,338,195 sickles,537,536,238 knuts (No withdrawals)

HUFFLEPUFF-  684,374,217 galleons, 926,439,759 sickles, 384,375,854 knuts (No withdrawals)

RAVENCLAW- 821,648,373 galleons, 439,726,482 sickles, 792,759,307 knuts (No withdrawals)

POTTER- 128,259,006 galleons, 112,213,420 sickles, 732,973,479 knuts (25,000 galleons to the Weasleys, 10,000 galleons to the Grangers, 50,000 galleons to Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore every 2 months since 1991)

EVANS- 105,253,421 galleons, 109,222,821 sickles, 420,666,932 knuts (25,000 galleons to the Weasleys, 10,000 galleons to the Grangers, 50,000 galleons to Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore every 2 months since 1991)

PENDRAGON- 21,829,537,293 galleons, 18,327,959,368 sickles, 72,795,629,183 knuts (No withdrawals)

LE FEY- 12,975,298,984 galleons, 8,902,743,833 sickles, 5,982,752,537 knuts (No withdrawals)

Emrys- 97,823,892,894 galleons, 74,823,290,642 sickles, 59,826,129,974 knuts (No withdrawals)

8:39pm. "They've been stealing from me..." Harry whispered, his hope draining for his so called 'friends' and 'family'. "So they really aren't my friends... they tricked me..." Harry's eyes gleamed harder and his dragon wings started emitting a dark aura surrounding Harry, not smoke more like a gas kind of magic that emitted a negative feeling and would almost harm you if you were an enemy of Harry's. The three goblins backed away slightly, feeling that they needed to give Harry a bit more space.

Harry's eyes completely flashed a dangerous red as his emotions started to overtake him. "They knew the Dursleys did this to me, that's why they didn't help me escape properly, why they never cared why I had bruised skin, why I flinched at literally everything. They didn't fucking care... I want to kill them." Harry's emotions were unstable and flowing angrily, hitting anything but causing the goblins to back up more and give sympathetic looks to him, not pitying, but sympathetic.

Once Harry had stayed sitting on the bed clutching the bedsheet as hard as possible, his body shaking and his lips letting out murderous threats quietly now and then, he breathed in deeply and his eyes faded back into their impressive and hypnotising, green, black, red and blue eyes rather than only pure red. 

8:46pm. Harry suddenly realised the time, "Oh, shit" Harry muttered under his breath "I've gotta go out into the shops in Diagon before they close"

Ripclaw gave an understanding nod and asked "Will you be able to come back to look at your vaults?" Harry thought about it, but then the image of his uncle coming home to an empty house since Petunia and Dudley had gone out to dinner at Pizza Hut. Then the image of Harry lying bloody on the floor with his heart practically beating faster than a cheetah could run. All because Harry couldn't do even one thing right.

"Um... n-no. My u-uncle needs me back but I can see if I can come either tomorrow or later in the week" Harry explained nervously, his eyes darting from their beady eyes back to the floor multiple times. 

"All right, we will see you soon, I'm Grinlok by the way. Stay safe and take care of yourself" the infirmary goblin, Grinlok, stated with a worried tone. "You can use the portkey you had used to get back to your uncle's"

Harry nodded with a weak smile and put Ostium on his forearm, he wrapped around him instantly in his sleep and Harry walked out with a limp that had seemed to worsen after knowing the extent of his injuries.

He decided to head into Diagon Alley until a turn came and lead him into Knockturn alley. He had to step over a sleeping wizard in the alleyway, but besides from that and the darker atmosphere, nothing felt different than being in Diagon Alley. 

There were no names on the shops, but despite that, Harry knew exactly where he was going. He wasn't prepared for what came next though.