- 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢. ミ

╲⠀╲⠀╲ ╲

⠀⠀╲⠀╲⠀☆⠀ ╲⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀☆⠀╲⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ★

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀★

may 1857

may 1857

"Yer sure ye don' wanna?"

"Yes, 'm fookin' sure! Stop bloody askin' me." Paul rolled his doe eyes, eyebrows furrowing as the irritated boy plonked down on some nearby seats under the shade of an oak tree, George joining him with a sigh. It was early afternoon, the two having worked out on the garden with Paul's family, and now they were taking a quick break, wiping the sweat off their brows and Paul taking off his shirt. 

"Fine, wha'ever. But- guess wha' I got??" The lanky dark-eyed boy turned to his friend with an excited grin, raising thick eyebrows before he leaped up and ran to the bushes to where his rucksack was placed. 

"Oooh, wha' is it?" Mike turned around, hearing the last sentence George spoke and hurrying over with a grin, Paul gazing after George with a bored expression, though his eyes were sparkling with interest. 

"Well, go on, guess!" George stood up, hands behind his back as he scampered back over to the two boys, obviously squirming just to get the words out. 

"Ah, this should be good. Well, 'm guessin' money? Or food ye stole?" The raven-haired boy sat up, resting his pointy elbows on his knees and resting his head in his hands, a small smirk starting to creep its way onto his sun-kissed face. 

"Yeah, it's food. Bu' guess wha' type???" George grinned even wider, which was slightly unusual as the young boy usually had a face set in an intense, almost scary glare, and caught the other's interest a lot more.

"Fine. Uh, grapes? Oh!- bananas?" Paul's eyes widened, thinking of the possibilities, the things that could be lying in George's fingertips. 

"Nope!" George paused for a moment, then spoke again, obviously too impatient to resist. "OH, wha'ever I can't keep it in! Ready.." The boy pulled his hands from behind his back to reveal two brand-spanking new, gleaming oranges and one carmine-coloured apple. "Tadaaaa!" 

The three stare at it in absolute wonder and excitement, Paul leaping up and hurrying over to examine it, Mike reaching to grab one but George pulled away. "Ey! Wait a mo', mate. We'll all take one at th' same time." 

"Wow... is this real? Fookin' 'ell, mate! Bonkers!" The doe-eyed boy reached and took an orange, staring at it in amazement as it glinted in the aureate rays.