- 𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔶. ミ

╲⠀╲⠀╲ ╲
⠀⠀╲⠀╲⠀☆⠀ ╲⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀☆⠀╲⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ★

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀★

december 1859

december 1859

Their moment was finally arriving. It seemed as if it was lying in wait, like a animal stalking its prey; watching, waiting, listening, still as stone, sharp eyes and tense muscles moments before the final leap. It felt like everything they'd experienced, every hardship, every joyful moment, every laugh, every tear.. it all led up to this moment. Now all four of them were tense, wide-eyed, jittery - all bouncing knees, biting fingernails, fidgeting hands - as they, like an animal stalking its prey (if you want to use that analogy), watched the sun begin to sink to its bed below the horizon, sky streaked with pinks, oranges and purples. It was a beautiful sight to behold, John always thought. The fact that the sunset can create such beautiful rich colours; but now it was signifying what was about to occur.

It was the day him, Paul, George and Ringo were going to abandon their lives in search of a new one. Free from restrains and obstacles - just the four of them, all together. In one place. They didn't have to sneak around, wait until the dead of night, steal moments before having to return to their separate lives as if nothing was happening.
John wouldn't have to put up with Mimi trying to shoehorn him into a box he never wished to be put in anymore. He still loved her, but.. he couldn't be what she wanted him to. Paul and George wouldn't have to deal with the gruelling poverty them and their families were accustomed to (though they were planning on leaving generous amounts of money behind for their parents and siblings. They deserved it - Paul and George had been hesitant at first, but John had insisted they use his inherited money, since it belonged to the people that had been given to the royals long ago and he didn't feel that it belonged to him at all). None of them would have to deal with the fact that they were from wildly different social classes, classes that meant nothing to them and everything to everyone else.
They'd finally be free.
Well, as free as you could get in the 1800s. It wasn't exactly the best place if you weren't straight, white, able-minded or a man. But they've learnt to adapt to it. Find ways around it all.

John let out a soft sigh, gaze flickering to his desk next to him where he was perched on the bed. His unwritten letter to Mimi and his separate one to Cynthia were left on top of it, blank papers ready to be written on and left behind for them to discover. A surge of guilt coursed through his stomach as he stood up, gently picking them up to examine them. He was going to mainly assure them he was safe, saying he was sorry for past mistakes and telling them he loved them. Though in Cynthia's he was going to disclosed the fact he was with Paul, George and Ringo, but he couldn't tell her about their whereabouts. It was a precaution that they had to take, even if the person was wholly trustworthy, none of them could tell anyone where it was they were going. He just hoped she would be able to cope with his leaving alright. She had Jane, anyway. And her parents loved her a lot.