- 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱. ミ

╲⠀╲⠀╲ ╲

⠀⠀╲⠀╲⠀☆⠀ ╲⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀☆⠀╲⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ★

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀★

may 1859

may 1859

Glossy sheets of rain hurtled against the smooth window panes, filling John's ears with white noise as he scuffed a shoe against the polished marble flooring of the front parlour. Trying to blink away the lingering feelings of being overworked from his eyes, he stared unfeelingly out into the rainstorm. The sky was a dark, looming grey; different shades churning and mixing together to create the rain-laden clouds that emptied its melancholic substance to the world below. It seemed the weather matched John's despondent emotions, the earth crying for the loss that the prince suffered in not being able to see his lover.

He couldn't seem to shake his sadness off - it was clinging to him like a dead weight, following him around everywhere he went until he couldn't really bring himself to feel happy for most anything. It's not like a lot of the things around the manor made him happy previously, anyway. Preparations for the ball to celebrate John and Cynthia's engagement had been running rampant for the last few days, and the actual ball would take place tomorrow evening. He absolutely hated the idea of it, and didn't really have any idea how on earth he would get through it without screaming at anyone without his friends or Paul being there to support him. But - it was for the good of the family, so he had to do it - according to Mimi. Besides, he didn't want to get into his aunt's bad books anyway. He wanted to try and please her as much as he could so he could possibly be let off earlier so he could go and see Paul again, if it was even possible that she would. He knew she was watching him, and also made everyone else watch him as well to make sure he doesn't run off again.

Him and Paul would have to be much, much more careful in the future. It sucked, but it was necessary. They wouldn't be able to see each other as much, and probably would struggle to go anywhere in public. Mimi had eyes all over the city, and if Jim knew Paul was seeing John Lennon , the prince of Liverpool - he would be duly punished. It just made the thought of running away from everything more and more appealing.

That was it. Running away!
It would end up becoming too hard if they stayed where they were. It was becoming harder and harder for them to see each other - and it wasn't like John had anything keeping him in his situation. He couldn't care less about his duties as a to-be king, Mimi cared more about her image than she did her own nephew; his mother was dead, his father had abandoned them all a long time ago, and he had no siblings. None that he saw enough, anyway. His family were all unnecessarily wealthy and had no sympathy for anyone in the lesser classes, caring only about themselves and their expensive riches. John learnt to care about other people from a young age! All because of George. And it was only reinforced when he met Ringo later and eventually, Paul. His true friends.