- 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫. ミ

╲⠀╲⠀╲ ╲

⠀⠀╲⠀╲⠀☆⠀ ╲⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀☆⠀╲⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ★

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀★

april 1859

april 1859

The stacks of hay below him was soft and cushiony. Bright, spring light was streaming through the barn windows, bathing the boy that was strewn comfortably on top of stacks of hay a flaming gold. All that was heard was soft-spoken murmurs of appreciation and various noises from the animals, a hand languidly stroking the thick mane of a grey spotted horse which was munching happily on apple slices. Paul was sharing half of his apple with Ginny, just enjoying the moments of silence and relaxation; which seemed to be few and far in between as of late. Juggling his job, hiding it from his dad, and worst of all, his stab wound was a lot harder to deal with than he thought. But surprisingly, he had been successful hiding his job and seeing John and his friends in secret. So, for now - everything was fine. All he had to do was keep it up for the next month. And for seeing John, he had to keep it up for the entirety of the foreseeable future. Easy. Right?

"I feel like 'm goin' off me fuckin' rocker, Gin." The boy chuckled to himself, gazing at the horse's soft eyes, which were focussed intently on the last slice of apple in his lap, not understanding a word of what her owner was saying. Holding up the slice to her snout, she slurped it up joyfully, shiny tail swishing slightly. "Good girl." He patted her head before pulling himself to sit up more, grimacing at the pain that shot up his body. Turning to look at his side, he lifted his shirt to inspect the wound. It was still quite a large scar, but currently it was wrapped up again after he had given it some air that morning. It still hurt quite a bit when he moved, but definitely a lot less than it was the first few days, thankfully. Paul, George, Ringo, John had heard nothing of those boys that they fought that night so far - they hadn't come back to the Presley pub since then. At least not during Paul's shifts. He had already been paid for the two shifts he had done since his first, and it was glorious. He actually had money now! An proper amount enough to buy actual things! It was so enthralling. He could buy things on his own now.

"Psst, Paulie!" There was a familiar voice that called from the doorway, snapping him from his thoughts with a jolt. Looking up, three grinning faces peered from the ajar barn door. His heart soared at the sight of John and he involuntarily grinned at seeing his friends, before they opened it fully and came through. John was first, helping Paul up and pulling him into a tight hug before smothering him in kisses, the younger's cheeks flushing deeply and a laugh escaping from him. God, John is so unbearably cute. They shared a shy grin before Paul pulled George and Ringo into separate hugs, glad to see his friends again.

"Oi, guys! Hey! What's up?"

"Hey Macca! Nothin' much, me parents have gone on another trip into London fer a few days. They got bored of lil' ol' me." George rolled his eyes, wrapping an arm around Ringo's shoulders. But there was a mischievous glint in his eyes and a small smirk was prevalent on his lips, and Paul could tell what he was thinking. John seemed to understand this too, and the price sighed, plonking himself down in the hay dramatically and gently pulling Paul to sit next to him, wrapping an arm around his waist.