- 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶. ミ

╲⠀╲⠀╲ ╲

⠀⠀╲⠀╲⠀☆⠀ ╲⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀☆⠀╲⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ★

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀★

( john in this interview is hhhHHHHH my god)

[ warning ; slurs and triggering words about poc + lgbt people ]

april 1859

Paul leant an elbow against the dining table, resting his head in his palm with a sigh as he finished the last of his boiled potatoes and rice. It was their first meal of the day, the sun already high in the sky, the family being short on money again and struggling to have proper food. They didn't have enough produce to take for themselves, as all of it had to be sold, otherwise they wouldn't have any money. Paul would have nicked a few things from Ringo like him and George sometimes did, but Ringo didn't have any either to give. It was that point in time where they had to sell everything they had, no room for leftovers or anything. Spring causes people to cook more. The three were on their lunch break as of that moment, having been at their job of chopping wood for most of the day, and once they were finished they were to go back and continue until dinnertime.

"Enjoyed yer meal, eh?" Jim queried towards his eldest, wiping his mouth politely with a handkerchief.

"Yeah." The raven-haired boy lied, putting down his fork and standing up, collecting his dishes to put away. His stomach was still rumbling and aching for food, and he definitely wasn't eating enough for the amount of physical work he was doing; but it was enough. Not any of their fault.

He still blamed the system for favouring the rich - and the rich for not giving a fuck about the poor - but he knew it wasn't exactly all their fault. John helped change his perspective on that. But it doesn't change his situation. He only hoped that, maybe one day, it could change. And maybe John could help him..

He dipped the dishes into the water-filled bucket in the sink and began to wash it, cleaning it all up along with his cutlery before putting it back inside the cupboard. Afterwards, he felt bored, leaning against the counter as John drifted back into his mind. He wondered what his boyfriend (it still makes a shiver go up his spine at the word boyfriend - never something he thought he would associate with another boy) was doing at that time.. whether he missed him just as much as Paul did. Luckily, there were only two days left until the prince would be back home, but it still was too long for him. It felt like time had slowed down so much the seconds were like minutes..

Speaking of John, Paul had met a certain ex-lover of his at the pub the night before.

"Shit, guys, look-" Paul almost choked on his beer, knocking his teeth against the rim with an "ow!" before nodding his head towards a familiar shortish boy with sunglasses perched on his nose, a blonde, short-haired woman beside him. They were sitting at the bar, ordering their drinks, Paul, George and Ringo situated in a booth at the other end. "'s Stuart."