chapter 5

You're getting married.

"What? What did you just say?" Jungkook thought that may be he was hearing things. He wanted to make sure so he asked him." Did I heard it correctly?"

"Yes, you heard it correctly," He sighed.

"I object. I don't want to marry anyone. Are you going to sacrifice your son for the sake of you- our company. Dad, please. You know how I am. I don't want to be bound to anything or anyone just yet," Jungkook argued.

He wasn't going to allow anything to ruin his life like this.

"Jungkook ah..." Mr. Jeon stood up from his chair. "Listen to me. We have no other choice. Our company is going through a major loss after our last partners betrayed us. I am sure you are aware of it," He shoved his hand into his pockets.

"Yes, dad. I am," Jungkook straightened his back.

Jungkook knew his father was trying to talk him into this marriage by blackmailing him using the company's recent loss But Jungkook wasn't going to get swayed by if so easily, if his father could talk him into it, he could surely talk him out of it.

"But... I am still not agreeing with this marriage. I am sure there is another way. We'll look into it together. This is not the first time our company has faced a loss. We have always found a solution together before and we can do it now as well. Without me getting sacrifice for company's sake," Jungkook was shocked at how mature he sounded.

Mr. Jeon's heart exploded with pride that his son was standing up against something he didn't want to do. But this wasn't the time, issues needed to be handled and Mr. Jeon wasn't going to let his son change the topic.

"Look son as much as I am proud of you at this moment," Junkooks eyes lit up, "But this is something serious. I know this is completely out of the blue, and I too almost do not want to agree with it but there is absolutely no other way out of this crisis," Mr. Jeon sighed, "I am sorry son, but you have no other option. The date is already set, you're getting married next month." Mr. Jeon's voice was stern as if he was giving his son a command, which ultimately he was. 

Jungkook knew he had no way out of this. He was well aware of his father's nature. But he wasn't going to allow his freedom to taken away so easily. 

"Fine," Jungkook somewhat gave in, "But I have some conditions and want them agreed on."

Mr. Jeon smirked. Like father like son, always putting up a fight. Mr. Jeon knew his son wouldn't give up so easily, he didn't want him to. Mr. Jeon, himself was reluctant with the agreement on the marriage.

"And exactly what are these conditions?" Mr. Jeon was quite curious about what the conditions would be. "I'll try my best to fulfil them."

Jungkook went silent for a moment as he thought of reasonable conditions. Once he was sure of what he wanted he cleared his throat and started speaking.

"1. This marriage is nothing but a mere contract. It doesn't mean anything. It's just for show."

"2. I'll have my ways after the marriage. I won't tolerate any signs of dominance from the other party."

"3. I won't be showing any interest in the.. girl?...anyways I expect the same from her. I won't allow any kind of affection or care. Interference in my matter will too not have good outcomes."

"Have I made myself clear?" Jungkook said with dominance and demand in his voice and Mr. Jeon smiled at how strong and mature his son has grown.

"Very clear son. Is that all?" Mr. Jeon asked

"Yes, dad, I'll take my leave then," Jungkook bowed in front of his father out of respect and tradition and was about to turn around and leave when Mr. Jeon stopped causing an irritated groan to leave his throat.

"Oh yeah. You have lunch with the 'girl' tomorrow," He chuckled. "I want you to attend. I won't take any excuses. Got it?"

"Yes, dad," Jungkook sighed," I understand." 

"okay then, you may leave."

Jungkook turned the knob the was in his hand and left the office. He drove back to his apartment and through the drive, he was thinking about the contractual marriage and how much he didn't want it. But at this point he had no choice, this deal was crucial to the company and if Jungkook could help, even if it meant he had to sacrifice himself, he would do it.

Jungkook walked up to the complex's elevator and pressed the button to his apartment floor. The elavator dinged and he walked out and towards the door of his apartment  and was about to type in his password when he noticed the door was already opened. 

Jungkook knew exactly who it was. He didn't even think twice and walked in, straight to his bedroom, and cursed the second he threw the door open.

"Yoguem, you motherfucker, what the fuck are you doing here, and how did you get in? I changed the password."

"You just reversed your previous password," Yoguem scoffed.

"Whatever, can you take your fancy-ass out now, I want to be alone," Jungkook plopped down on his bed, face first.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know," Jungkook's voice came out muffled since his face was buried in the mattress.

"Okayyy," Yoguem exaggerated and sat up." I want to annoy you and ask you what happened but I am feeling too lazy to do that," He slid his feet into the slippers and stood up," So you must be very happy to hear that I am taking my fancy-ass out."

"mhmm," Jungkook didn't bother lifting his face, even though it was getting kind of hard to breathe.

"I am leaving." 

"fine, Make yourself useful and close the door on your way out," Jungkook said and turned on his bed.

"Fucking asshole," Yoguem mumbles as he moves to the door.

"I fucking heard that!!" Jungkook threw a pillow at him but in vain, he runs out slamming the door the process. He groaned and rubbed his face with his hands.

Jungkook adjusted the pillows and made himself comfortable by laying on his back. He stared up at the ceiling and thought of the contract again and what he had just agreed on.

Jungkook sighed, he felt as if he was betraying his soulmate by agreeing on the marriage. He really wanted to run away and somehow find her and tell her he is sorry for even thinking about marrying someone else. But nothing could be done.

He was stuck in this ridiculous puzzle called life and love and drastic measures had to be taken to maintain balance. And Jungkook wasn't going to give up on his soulmate either. He agreed on marrying doesn't mean he will give up and sit back and do nothing.

He silently prayed that wherever his soulmate was, she was being just as patient as he was. He silently wished that she would hold on just a bit longer, because he will find her, even if she is in the other corner of the world.

Jungkook silently hoped that his wish would somehow reach his soulmate. So her hopes would get as much as his.

He will find her, and he can feel it, very soon.

YO YO YO AUTHOR HERE

BORING THAT'S WHAT THIS CHAPTER IS. BUT AS JK SAID VEllowRY SOON THE STORY WILL GET SPICED UP. SO HOLD ON MY DEAR READER HAVE FAITH IN YOUR AUTHOR.

PLEASE SHOW SOME LOVE TO MY BOOK AND PLEASE VOTE.

BORAHAE

💜 💜 💜 💜 💜 💜 💜