Chapter 24

"Jungkook?" Rose blurted out, confused, and surprised to see Jungkook at her doorstep. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home preparing?" She asked referring to the dinner that was to be held the coming night. 

"Yeah," Jungkook rubbed his neck, "I've been busy. And Jin Hyung is preparing in my stead so I am here."

"Oh? Well, you're better than nothing," she mumbled. "Come in," she beamed and moved to give him room to walk in.

"Hey! I heard that! you just cannot stop, can you?" Jungkook complains, still standing at the door. He crossed his arms against his chest and his eyebrows furrowed, trying to come off as intimating. But instead of getting worried, his cousin laughed at him.

"You don't scare me, you baby," She ruffled his hair. "And what can I say? Some habits die hard," She shrugged. 

"Noona..." Jungkook whined. Rose always managed to get under his skin, even with just a little bit of teasing, she knew exactly which buttons to press to get a reaction out of him and she would never let a chance get out of hand.

Just like Jin, Rose was one of the cousins Jungkook was very close too. Rose was Jungkook's first cousin and grew up with him. Being a year older than Jungkook she takes full advantage of the fact. She teased Jungkook so much and yet he didn't get used to it.

Despite the teasing, Rose was a very good listener and comforter. She was exceptionally good with words one of the reasons why she was good and what she did. Rose was born with the gift of words thus she made an excellent author. Selling numerous top sellers, Rose was the talk of the town but didn't pursue being an author as a career. 

Her father owned a chain of hotels around the globe and Rose being the eldest of the siblings wanted to take after her father's footsteps. She wanted to train the way her father did when he was growing his business. She wanted to experience everything and wanted to become a successful businesswoman like her father.

And she wasn't failing.

"Stop with the whining and come in," Rose walked inside her apartment. 

"You go in first, I have some things to take care of," Jungkook pulled the petit girl forward who was hiding behind his back and whom Rose failed to notice.

So-Young was standing behind Jungkook all that time and witnessed the little interaction the cousins shared. She was pleased and surprised to see that someone else besides Jin can get to him. The man she thought was overall charming, composed, and professional was hiding a boy with a young heart underneath him.

Something  So-Young noticed a while back and admired the most in him. 

"Let's go in together, I am nervous," she moved back to her hiding place and clutched onto his arms.

Jungkook chuckled and turned around, "Aigoo..." he cooed, There is a reason why I call you Birdie, he pulled on her cheeks lightly and she opened her mouth in a silent cry. 

"Go in, She won't eat you she is quite friendly," he pushed her in front of the door, "I have a call to make, I'll be back before you can say my name."

"Jungkook! Jungkook....," she clutched his jacket behind her back, "There I said you're name now please let's go in," she pleaded. "You can make that inside too."

"Birdie, I would love to accompany you inside," he grabbed her shoulders, "But I left my phone in the car," he whispered in her ear.

Jungkook, She whined as she looked back at him with puppy dog eyes. She wasn't happy when she found out they were going to someone else's house and now Jungkook was forcing her to go in and possibly interact with whoever his cousin was.

"God, You're impossible to resist," He bent his head down and peck her lips, despite knowing the fact she was annoyed and may also be mad at him for making her do this but he just couldn't help himself.

 "I'll be back," Jungkook was about to move away from her when she tightened her grasp on her. "Baby," he held her face in his hands, "why are you so scared? hm?"

"I don't know, I never went out much, even if I did I didn't interact with anyone. This is all new."

"Well, that will soon be changing, Now-"

 "Did you get paralyzed or something? What's taking you so long?" Rose walked up to the door and stopped in front of the door she saw two, not one person standing in front of her.

"Oh? Who is this?" She pointed at So-Young who had her back to Rose.

Jungkook eyes looked down at his birdie and then up at Rose, his mind went blank at the sudden intrusion. After moments of silence, a smile busted on his blank, expressionless face and he raised his arms to grip So Young's shoulders to turn her around. 

"Rose, this is So-Young, and Birdie this is Rose, my cousin sister," He happily introduced them not knowing they already knew each other.

Rose eyes widened and her mouth opened in shock, "OH MY GOD! So-Young!" Before So Young could react to the situation she was being pulled in and before she could think she was being held at arm's length," what? How? Where were you? God, I've been looking all over for you"

"I-"

"Come in! There is someone who is dying to meet you,"  And just like that So-Young was dragged inside.

Jungkook was shocked at his cousin's reaction but went along with nonetheless, he smiled and waved at his birdie when she turned her head while being dragged and went down to get his phone from the car.

Jungkook quickly jogged to his car and fished out his phone that had fallen between the seats. Relived to finally have his phone Jungkook didn't waste time before running upstairs to his knowing that she will be scared to death by now.

Jungkook didn't like the fact that his bright birdie hadn't seen the world. And moreover, the fact that she was so hesitant about interacting with anyone made him even more upset. Jungkook made up his mind to explore the world along with his birdie and boost her confidence because she has nothing to worry about as long as he was beside her.

Jungkook didn't bother knocking again when he reached the door and went in unannounced. But instead of surprising his birdie, he got surprised himself by the scene that was unfolding in front of his eyes.

His birdie was in another man's arms,

"What the hell is happening here?"

HELLO MY LOVES 

I FEEL LIKE IVE BEEN APOLOGIZING TOO MUCH, BUT ANYWAYS I WAS VERY BUSY THIS PAST WEEK AND WAS UNABLE TO WIRTE, I AM SO SORRY.

I WROTE THIS CHAPTER AS SOON AS I GOT FREE.

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY