Chapter 29

In the next few days, Jungkook drifted in and out of consciousness, not being able to grasp his surroundings entirely.

Every time he would open his eyes, his vision would get blurry and a loud and stinging feeling ringed in his ear, and he would blackout all over again.

A week later Jungkook finally woke up and the first word that fell out of his mouth was...

"Birdie..."

"Oh my God! Jungkook! You're awake," A voice shouted and Jungkook flinched at the loud volume.

"Oh God, I didn't mean to startle you."

A hand came to support Jungkook's back as he tried to sit up and adjusted the pillow behind him. Jungkook finally recognized the voice and familiar scent.

"Jin Hyung," Jungkook said in his raspy voice.

"Yes, kookie?" Jin instantly replied.

"Where is So-Young?"  He asked.

Jin ignored his question, avoiding eye contact and moved away, "You must be thirsty, I'll get some water for you and tell the doctor you're awake," Jin hurriedly stepped out of the room.

Jungkook tried to stop him but Jin had already walked out.

Jungkook sighed and leaned his head back, thinking of what had happened, where was his birdie and how did the accident happen.

Jungkook vividly remembered So-Young being okay and calling his name when he was about to black, he saw something else too but just couldn't put his finger on it.

A pulse of severe pain shot through his head and Jungkook's hand instantly went to hold it as he groaned in pain. It was then Jungkook realized he had a bandage around his head.

"Mr. Jeon, it's good to see you're awake," The doctor walks in, a stethoscope hanging around his neck. He gives Jungkook a polite smile and Jungkook nods his a little.

"I am going to give you a check-up," The doctor informed as he neared Jungkook.

The check-up was usual, he asked Jungkook to follow the light, checked his heartbeat, breath, and blood pressure. Besides the cut on his head and a few cuts on his right arm and upper hips, everything else was normal.

The Doctor informed Jungkook that nothing internal was damaged and that he should be thankful that his memory wasn't affected because of the injury on his head.

"Doctor?" Jungkook called.

"Yes?" He replied as he inspected Jungkook's legs.

"The guy that called you, ah!" He winced as the doctor twisted his sore ankle, "is he still out there?"

"Mr. Kim? I think he's standing right outside, actually not only him but there are a bunch of people who are waiting to meet you," The doctor smiled as he stood up straight and shoved his hand into the pockets of his jacket.

"Can you ask him to come in?" Jungkook requested.

"Of course, but you should probably rest a bit more."

"I will, thank you, doctor," Jungkook gave him a polite nod which the doctor returned and walked out the door.

"Is everything alright with Jungkook?' Jin asked hurriedly as the doctor came out. Everyone else also stood up in anticipation.

"Yes, the injuries are not crucial, thankfully. He should be fine in a few days." The doctor reassured

"Thank you so much doctor," Mr. Jeon takes the doctors hand into his and shakes it.