chapter 9

25000!

26000!!

29000!!!

The bidding carried on and men around the hall shouted prices higher than the last. Jungkook just sat there admiring the angel in front of him. His heart kept skipping beats, his breathing slowed, just like the world around him had,

30000!

32000!!

Men kept roaring exorbitant prices all because they wanted to get their hands on the vulnerable beauty. The dirty men were hungry to get a piece of her perfect body. So every men shouted a price higher than before.

35000!!

37000!

The digits were getting immense and Jungkook couldn't form words. His pupil dilated, dark doe eyes kept their gaze on So Young. As if peeking into her soul Jungkook could see how much she didn't want to be where she was. Her eyes glassy from tears that had yet to flow down her cheeks but refused to do so.

Jungkook felt a sudden feeling almost an instinct to go over to her and protect her from every hungry eye in the hall. That snapped him out his daze. And he shouted a price that made all the heads turn to him.

100,000

Jungkook felt his throat go dry. Nobody dared to say a word, or a price higher than his. Even Yoguem was shocked at his friends words. His eye were so wide that it felt like they would fall right of their socket. But Jungkook didn't regret what he just said.

Over on the stage So young was shocked to hear the amount. Who would pay so much for her? She thought. Curiosity got the best of her and she gathered courage. Fingers clenching into and relaxing a few times, she closed her eyes tightly once for the fear if she looked up and saw a rusty man. She let out a breath and opened her eyes. Slowly lifting her chin her eyes searched for the person who spoke the high digits.

She saw all of the heads were turned and eyes trained in shock on one person besides her. Eyes widening, she was shocked to see who it was. Unconsciously, So Young let out a breath of relief. She was relieved to know it wasn't a pervert old man. Instead he was a charming sight to her eyes. Before she could analyse him more she noticed that his gaze was too fixed on her. She was quick to drop her gaze look down at her feet again.

"100,000 dollars going once!" Called I'll sang who was extremely amused and excited with the price. "Going twice!
Sold!" Announced Ill Sang." Congratulations sir, the item is yours to enjoy". So young cringed so did Jungkook at his words.

Jungkook glared at the old bastard. How dare he address an angel like her as a mere item. She was far more than that. A beautiful human with an equally pure and beautiful soul just like a little bird. Jungkook was sure about that. Just like a bird she is beautiful and poise from the outside but delicate and hopeful from the inside. He knew that she needed to be taken care of and he would be the one to do it.

He would take good care of his little birdie.

Ill Sang grabbed So Young's arm so tightly, she let out a wince and then she was dragged back to her room. Ill Sang opened the door and pushed her inside.

So Young's weak body fell to ground due to the amount of force.

"Stay here and don't try to run," Ill Sang warned and slammed the door behind him. So Young flinched at the sound.

So Young got up from the floor and sat on the edge of her rusty bed. She was nervous, for what was about to happen. Was she really sold to someone now? How would she be treated? If she was something that was paid for, would he treat like an object too? Use her, grow tired of her and then trow her away. Millions of dark thoughts ran inside her mind.

What has fate brought? Was she worth all this? What sin had she done, in this life or past life that she's being dragged around like this. All weak and vulnerable.

So Young heard the creak of the door, which was now fully open. She glanced up to see the same man she saw back in the audience. He was the one who brought her.

From his face, it didn't look like he was a bad person. But if he was sitting among all those people, he must be somewhat rebellion.

Jungkook didn't utter a word, he just walked up to her and kneeled down in front of me.

"Hey little birdie," He tried to catch her gaze as his face inched closer but to no avail. He sighed and tucked his fingers under her chin and gently pushed her chin upwards make her look into his black orbs. He smiled and het heart fluttered.

"You are even more beautiful up close," He said." What is your name beautiful?" He asked.

"S-so Young," She somehow managed to speak.

Jungkook lightly chuckled and leaned up to peck her forehead. His simple action caught her off guard. Her eyes widened. "What a lovely name, just like you". He smiled. "But can I call you birdie? It suits you much better. You wouldn't mind if I did?" He asked.

Birdie? She liked the nickname but found it strange that he doesn't even know her well enough to give her a nickname. But he bought you, the statement rang through her mind. Even if she was against all this, she had no choice but to oblige.

She reluctantly nodded her head. "That's great!" He beamed. "Now," He stood up." Birdie, let's get out of here," He held out his hand.

She looked up at him. A gentle smiled danced on his lips his eyes sparkled in anticipation. As if an instinct her hand moved on its own into his palm. He held onto it, face lit up , a grin blew up on his face. He pulled her up.

"Is there anything you need? Do you need to pack?" Jungkook asked. She just shook her head as a no. "You don't talk much do you,"  Jungkook states. 

It finally came to So Young's mind that she doesn't know his name. He's the person who bought her and she doesn't even know what name he goes by. How awkward it would be if shw wanted to call him, would she address him by call him master?

That's a bit too much to ask for. So to avoid any awkwardness in the future she mustered up all her courage and let out a breath. What's your name? She spoke as loud as she could, but her voice came out as whisper.

"Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook, birdie," He told her and stood in front of her

So Young noticed how tall he is. She barely reached his shoulders. If he were to hug her she would disappeare against his chest. So Young didn't know why but that thought made a warm feeling to settle in her stomach

So Young gave him a nod and lowered her gaze, she couldn't find any more courage to speak

Jungkook sighed at the lack of reaction "Well then birdie, since we don't have anything to do here anymore let's get you home," He said and grabbed her hand. He lead her downstairs and towards the exit.

Ill Sang was standing at the door, talking to some of his allies. He turned his head when he heard footsteps approaching. Jungkook was walking with powerful strides, while So Young was trailing behind her, trying to keep up with him.

Jungkook gave Ill Sang a stern nod before walking past him. So Young didn't even try to notice him and kept her gaze glued to Jungkook's back.

Soon they were standing in front of a car and Jungkook was holding open the door for her. He nodded his head towards the seat and So Young reluctantly sat inside. He gently shut the door and jogs to the other side and slips in.

He fits the key into the and turns his head towards her amd smiles

"Are you ready birdie?"

YO YO YO AUTHOR HERE

SO .....THEY FINALLY MEET.

ANYWAYS I WANT TO MENTION MY FRIEND @RyeCather
READ HER STORY THE UNKNOWN CONSTANT AS WELL AND SHOW HER SOME LOVE.

AND PLEASE SHOW MY BOOK LOVE AS WELL AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE

💜💜💜💜💜💜