Chapter 35

"Look at how the table turned," Jimin smirked, his figure shadowed over Jackson. He growled as he looked at Jimin, earning a hard blow on his much-bruised face.

While Jin, So-Young, and Yugyeom rushed Jungkook to the hospital, Jimin and Rose stayed behind to clean up the rest of the trash that was left. After locking Jackson in the trunk of their car, they went in the woods, again trying to find the hideout they kept So-Young in.

It was a rocky road, but they eventually found the place, and as they expected it was crawling with disgusting insects. Together they took care of them and handed them over to the backup Jimin had called in.

"You will pay for this!" Jackson yelled, blood spitting out of his and drooling down his chin.

"Pay for what?" Jimin asked amusingly, but before he could continue, someone spoke in his stead.

"Killing my parents? putting my sister and my brother into danger? Trying to double-cross Jungkook? Attempting to take over my father's company?" Taehyung stepped into the light, as he listed everything that the wangs have done to him and his family.

"And also, you think I don't notice your dogs stalking me everywhere?" Taehyung added.

"My father won't let you get away with this!" Jackson struggled against the ropes as he growled.

Taehyung scoffed, causing a smirk to form on Jimin's lips as well.

Taehyung came back to Korea once he heard the news that his little was in danger. He was planning on coming back eventually but was putting it off because he trusted his best friend to take care of it. But when his sister got involved again, he couldn't hold back.

"You Wangs think your so smart," Taehyung started, his voice laced with sarcasm," but unfortunately, the rest of humanity was blessed with brains as well."

"Just like you, my men where everywhere, keeping a track of every little thing you did. Now, even Satan can't help you get out of this. You will get what you deserve along with your family."

"You don't know who you're going against!" Jackson screamed, " I will kill you all myself. I shouldn't have given you a chance to live."

"Oh my! I'm scared," Taehyung mocked.

"Jimin take care of him and have fun." Taehyung patted Jimin's shoulder before walking away.

"Gladly," Jimin answered, cracking his knuckles.

"I'll meet you in court. Or not."

~~~~~~~~~

A groan left Jungkook's mouth as he opened his eyes. He sighed when he saw the same white walls of the hospital. But something felt different this time, he wasn't feeling uneasy and cramped. The hollow feeling that was scratching his chest before was gone, and he felt warm.

He traced the warmth against his arm, and when he found the reason for it he almost cried out. His Birdie was holding his hand, her head rested again his leg, and she was fast asleep.

His hand tightened around hers as he took her appearance in. She was still as beautiful, but more. Jungkook's heart swelled looking at his birdie finally at peace.

He noticed the redness around her wrist as he moved his thumb over her knuckles. Something clicked in him when he thought how bad it must hurt her.

He didn't want to see her in any sort of pain again.

This was it for Jungkook. He was done playing around, now he just wanted to settle down and be with his birdie, and not have to worry about others either trying to kill them or backstab them.

Enough is enough.

Jungkook knew the first thing he would do once he gets discharged from the hospital. File divorce papers, and get rid of that little bitch, as Jin would say. Jungkook didn't care if the company would be at a loss if they make a move against the Wangs. This was getting too far, it wasn't just about his Birdie anymore, sooner or later, he knew that his family would also get involved.

And somehow he couldn't see things pretty that way.

If no one else, Jungkook had to make a move. And finally, show the Wangs where they belong.

He was beyond furious when Jin revealed everything to him. How dare they touch what's Jungkook's. Being an introvert, Jungkook was extremely observant of everything. He always picked the small details, and when he first met the wangs, the red warning alarms were going on all over, but he nonetheless pushed the unnecessary thoughts away.

Now he knew, he shouldn't have done that.

Jungkook felt So-Young stir a bit and eventually wake up. She didn't notice that he was awake too and that his hands were tightly secured around hers. She only noticed when she tried to pull her arms up for a stretch, and she wasn't able to move it.

She looked down to see their fingers tangled in each other. Her eyes shot up to his, and they instantly teared up. So-Young didn't waste a second before throwing her arms around Jungkook's neck and pulling him to her.

"Woah, hey there," Jungkook said, as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I was so scared, I thought...Something bad might happen," she cried against his shoulder, her big tears wetting the hospital gown Jungkook was wearing.

"Shush, my Birdie," Jungkook whispered sweetly, stroking her hair. "Everything is alright now," he reassured. "You are safe, you are with me." He tightened his arm around her, pulling her impossibly close to himself.

"He said was going to kill you," So-Young sobbed.

"Hush, love," He soothed. "It's all over, no one will ever hurt us again. I won't allow it."

So-Young was relieved, but the tears would not stop. This was the first time she allowed herself to break down since she got kidnapped.

Jungkook held her in his arms for what seemed hours. He kept whispering sweet nothings into her and peppered kisses on her shoulder, neck, and anything that his lips could reach. He wiped her tears after she pulled away and stole a kiss from her lips. She couldn't help but smile at that.

Jungkook had the biggest effect on her.

So-Young told Jungkook that everyone else went home after much insisting, especially with Jin. He refused to leave Jungkook's side, but when his husband came and softly pleaded, he gave in. Rose also went with JiN to keep an eye on him. As for Jimin, he was with Taehyung, doing something that was out of So-Young's knowledge.

They both just sat there, talking for hours. But deep inside they had a feeling that this might be the calm before the storm.