Chapter 8

My vision blurred from black to bright white as I blinked. Suddenly the memories from earlier hit me like a train. My arms ached, and I was having a hard time moving my body. I opened my eyes, I was still in the same room.

"Help..." I whispered. I saw an ominous glow, grow brighter as it came around the doorway.  The figure was transparent and small.

"Who are you?" I ask. The mist boy smiled. His yellow hair was still visible, unlike the lower half of his body; which is faded. As he grew closer, his mass grew to about my size.

"My name is Kaminari, I'm going to help you!" The boy whispered excitedly. I swear, he glows brighter when he's happy. I nodded. "How? And what are you?" I say hesitantly. He frowned.

"I know where the exit is, come with me and I'll explain everything." He said. I stood up, or at least tried. I almost blacked out. He stepped into the hallway, beckoning for me to follow.

"Shh, you need to be quiet if you don't want them to hear you." He says while leading me around a corner left.
I followed him down a staircase and we were in a new hallway. We past dusty rooms and stopped just shy of a bar room. Kaminari put a finger on his mouth, no doubt telling me to be quiet.

"- now that we have the girl, it's certain he will follow." I heard a male say from inside the room.

I peeked around the corner, I saw a male with scars running along the jawline of himself; and I mean everywhere. Why? How does he see through a hand??

"Yeah, yeah, I know that lord endeavor requests the girl too. Do we keep her until the alpha comes or hand her over to the royalty?" I saw a man with scars running along his jawline.

"We need to check on her." The male said again. Teeth, his teeth. They were pearly white but the canine tooth was unnaturally sharp.  I looked over to the boy behind me for some answer, but he was gone. The men started walking towards me as a loud crash ripped through the air. The men turned around.

"What the hell was that?" The hand man said, followed by a larger crash of the bottles on the bar shelf falling onto the floor. It must be Kaminari.