Chapter 18

~A good nap later~

"Sleepy time?" A gravelly voice said from above me. I slowly opened my eyes, even though it felt like weights.

"What time is it?" I ask, only half wanting to know. I get up in time to see a few people at a table playing dungeons and dragons.

The blanket was still wrapped around my body, so warm~

"The bard was supposed to protect me!" The red head angrily turned to the boy with black hair, who put his hands up defensively.

"S-sorry? I was helping broco." The boy replied."

"I'd like to punch the goblin in the face." The red head states while picking up a dice.

"Roll for damage."  Declared the brunette.

"..............3...." he whispers in shame.

"Hah! You attempt to punch him but he dodges and shoves you into a ditch! Take 3 damage!" She exclaims while cackling.

"Man, this game isn't like the real thing. I'd have him knocked out before he could see me!" The red head yelled. They stopped the game to look at me.

"Good morning zombie! Wanna play?" The black haired kid bellowed. He held out his hand but shifted away just shy of my hand. Guess he's a little nervous.

"What's with the name?" I ask. He looked at his friends.

"Well, you um....." he said uncomfortably.

"When I was conducting surgery on you, you're heart kind of stopped. We panicked and your boyfriend was gonna kill me....?" The brunette said while nudging the red head.

"A-and when you technically died, your necklace was really bright. We didn't know what happened, but your heartbeat started again so we just let you sleep." The red headed boy added nervously, like I was gonna hit him or something.

I realized he was looking past me, to Katsu-kun. Who was glaring. 

"We should properly introduce ourselves! I'm kirishima! The boy over there is Alec! The boy with green hair is midoriya and the girl is uraraka!"

"Hi.." Alec muttered shyly.

"What's up." Uraraka chimed

"be manly." Said kirishima while holding out a fist. I bumped it and looked over to midoriya.

"Hey, I know you." I looked back to uraraka. "I know you too!"

They whispered stuff to each other and answered together.

"Yeah, we were sent to help you. So yep."

"I'm still kinda confused," I glanced down to my necklace, which was dull. how did it keep me alive?

"Did you help me?" I ask, seemingly to myself but it was for the voice.

"Of course." A voice said. I looked at the others to see if they heard it too, guess not.

"I-I'm not sure what that was." I say half lying. I mean, I know who it is but not why or how.

"Are you ok zombie?" Alec asked worry evident in his voice.

"Um, yeah I'm fine. Just gotta catch up."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's a glimpse of what Alec looks like.
Special thanks to ThatshockingPun  for drawing this cutie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thanks for reading!-Author

Thanks for reading!
-Author