Chap 1 - I Am Replaced

I am editing someone else's story, and the idea is to make the story with as few grammatical errors as possible, so if you see any comment and let me know! Another thing, I will slightly change a few details. For instance, I am not making Annabeth immediately fawn over Nick, and Percy will NOT hate her later on, though will not get romantically involved.

 It's been a month since the titan war, and things had been steadily improving. Had, of course. In case you hadn't guessed, the fates just love to make my life miserable. 

Let me take you back to the day everything went wrong, on a Tuesday morning.

 ~Flashback~

I was on border patrol, nothing unusual or strange. I was getting ready to head back to the big house to report to Chiron, when I saw my father, Poseidon, flash in with a boy. 

He had appeared in the middle of camp to address the demigods. 

 "Campers! This is my son, Nick Waters! He has been in Atlantis, training his power, but he has proven himself worthy of the sea by killing the Kraken single handedly! I have declared him as heir of the sea, and you shall treat him with the respect worthy of my favorite son," He announced.

 I'll admit, what he said hurt. After everything I had done, had I not proven myself? 

I shook my head to clear my thoughts, and took a closer look at the boy. He was around my age of sixteen, with floppy brown hair, and mossy green eyes. 

Comparing the two of us, it was difficult to believe we were even related.

A few of the campers wasted no time in approaching him, awe filling their eyes as they asked their various questions. 

"Wow! So you're Poseidon's favorite? What about Triton?"

"Or Percy?" A few campers spared a few glances to me, but quickly returned to fawning over the new kid.

The few who didn't, honestly didn't surprise me, consisting of the hunters (big surprise there), Will, Clarisse, Chris, the Stolls, Thalia, and Nico. Something else that actually did surprise me, was Annabeth's neutrality. She seemed to have made a choice to ignore Nick, which seemed to upset him.

I huffed in annoyance, and tried my best to ignore them. I could deal with this later. 

As it turned out, I should've dealt with it then.

Before he left, Poseidon made sure to disown me, most likely he was just done using me. I'll probably never know why, and I didn't care enough to find out. But for some odd reason, I could still feel my strong connection to the sea, and I could tell the sea most definitely did not agree with Poseidon's choices.

Nick's arrival seemed to cause a chain reaction, and it became increasingly obvious as the campers began to say hurtful things, and accuse me of the smallest of things, regardless of whose fault it really was. These factors convinced me of one thing; I needed to leave.

I wrote a note to what friends I had left, packed my things, and left. 

I had tried to leave riptide, but the pen would just reappear in my pockets. 

No sooner had I left the camp border I was blinded by a white light, and when I once again opened my eyes, I found myself in the throne room on Olympus. The gods all looked at me with either expressions of pity, or anger.

~Flashback over~ 

 "Perseus Jackson! You are accused of betraying the gods, and giving information to Kronos! How do you plead?" Zeus' voice snapped me back to reality, and I gathered myself enough to reply.