Chap 28 - Ally and Duel

Nico and I stood nervously in front of the door, and I hesitantly pushed it open.

Chiron looked up from some papers, and smiled. "Perseus, Nico, how wonderful to see you two." He greeted warmly.

I paused, "H-how?"

"How could I have forgotten my two favorite heros?" He smiled, and his eyes held the same twinkle as the one in the museum. 

"So you remembered? Why didn't you say anything?" Nico questioned.

"I didn't want to raise suspicion. But, picture my surprise when we return to the museum, and you're a son of Chaos himself."

"Right, sorry. We probably should have warned you." I hastily apologized.

Chiron only laughed, "That is quite alright."

I straitened slightly, "Are you going to fight for the Olympians?"

He shook his head, and stared wistfully at the window beside me. "Maybe a few years ago, I might have. But I do not agree with their current antics. Who has children, only to use them as weapons in a war?" He shook his head, "That said, I do not wish to oppose them. I shall simply stay neutral."

I nodded, "You are welcome to stay on Helix, once the war begins." Nico nodded in agreement. 

Chiron smiled, "Thank you, Nico, Percy. Now, I have things to attend to, please be on your way." 

We smiled as we were shooed from the room, and we made our way to the arena, where Zoë was nervously tapping foot.

Upon seeing us, she let out a breath of air. "Where were you two? Any longer and you we forced to forfeit!"

"Sorry, we had to speak to Chiron." I apologized.

She sighed, "No matter, you have a duel to win." She kissed my cheek, "Good luck. Not that you'll need it." She gave Nico a kiss on the cheek, and skipped to the stands to watch. 

I drew my sword and walked to the center, Nico close behind. Brad and Nick already stood, waiting for our arrival.

"You ready to lose?" Nick taunted.

"You talking to yourself?" I retorted, swinging my sword over my shoulder. 

Brad only glanced between the two of us, as if silently asking what Nick had gotten them into.

"Demigods!" Athena's voice made me to turn to the stands, where I saw the Olympians seated. "On the left, we have Nick and Brad, dueling the team on the right, Dustin and Dylan. The rules are simple, no killing, only maiming and disarming. No using of powers, and the first team to disarm the other wins! Ready, and, begin!"

~THIRD PERSON POV~

Nick and Brad circled the other team, analyzing, until Nick lunged at Percy, and Brad at Nico. 

Percy quickly deflected the blow, knocking Nick to flinch back. He quickly retreated, and scanned Percy for vulnerable points. 

Noticing this, Percy allowed a single flaw in his stance to test the other boy. Nick failed to spot it, and Percy gave up, and attacked. Nick, to slow to deflect, got a large wound on his arm.

He yelped in pain, and lunged forward in a blind fury, forcing Percy into defencive. He blocked and dodged, waiting for Nick to eventually tire and slow. With one final defencive move, Percy slipped beneath Nick's attacks, and slashed upwards. 

Nick, unprepared for the sudden attack, was sent backwards. Percy quickly leapt forward, and began to slice and attack Nick, who was to shocked to defend himself.

Soon enough, Nick was too tired to continue, and his sword fell from his hand, and Percy immediately grabbed for it. 

When he was about level his own sword's point at his neck, Nick fainted.

Percy sighed, and sheathed his sword, before turning to Nico. 

The other two had been dueling, but upon losing, Brad had managed to stay conscious, and now stood dazed. Nico only smiled, and walked to Percy.

Percy smiled in return, and glanced to the gods. Zeus and Poseidon looked outraged, but only flashed away, the others quickly following. Percy shrugged and turned to the Aphrodite cabin. 

He smirked, "Ladies? They're all yours."

The girls giggled, and dragged the two now screaming boys behind them to the bright pink cabin.

Percy and Nico began to follow the campers from the arena, and Zoë followed.

"Well done." She greeted. 

Percy raised a brow, but made no comment at the lack of reaction. Instead, the three only walked to the pavillion to eat.

BTW, I cut out the part about the punishment, because I didn't feel comfortable writing it. If you don't know what it was, the Aphrodite campers gave Brad and Nick makeovers, complete with dresses and makeup.