Chap 25 - A New Mission

~NEXT MORNING~
~PERCY'S POV~

I woke to a repetitive beeping noise, and I found it was coming from my watch, which displayed a blinking green light. Wonderful, Ash did his job. 

The Olympians were wrong to trust a robot, don't they know words can always be programmed into them? The plans Ash was supposed to 'destroy' are fakes, and by the time they realize this, it'll be too late.

~TIME SKIP 1 MONTH~
~PERCY'S POV~

Luke, Ethan, and I were running through the back alleys of New York, following a boy named Chase, a son of Zeus. We heard yelling coming from our left, and we quickly ran in that direction.

We found the boy cornered, and the dracaena were about to go in for the kill. Without hesitation, the three of us ran forward, plunging our swords into the monsters' backs. Breathing heavily, I turned back to the boy, only to find him passed out on the floor. 

Rolling my eyes, I splashed some water onto him, and he shot upright. "Are you alright?" I asked, concern etched into my voice.

He started firing questions, and we had to calm him down. Eventually, Luke managed to explain Greek mythology, and how his father only wanted him to fight a war.

Chase, rightfully angry, didn't hesitate to join the Chaos army. Smiling, I flashed us back to Helix, and Luke led Chase away.

I watched the disappear, before I began walking back to my palace. I made my way inside and crashed into the couch.

Bianca stepped into the room and laughed, "Rough day?"

I shook my head, "Just a lot of teleporting."

She slowly moved to sit beside me, "Did this one choose the gods again?"

"No, not this time. He was pretty mad, and joined the army, no questions asked." I replied, shaking my head.

She snuggled into my side, "At least a few have a mind of their own."

I nodded, some demigods can be quite surprising. Most of the ones we get sent to retrieve refuse, saying they're the gods' key to winning. One son of Zeus, Brad, kept going on about how he's the greatest demigod ever, and how Zeus was going to make him the new king of the gods. Reminds me of Nick. 

I was shaken from my thoughts when Thalia entered the room, "Chaos wants to see you."

I nodded, and removed myself from the couch. Thalia took my place beside Bianca, and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Smiling, I flashed to Chaos' office, making him jump.

"Perseus! Good to see you." Upon seeing the questioning look on my face, he got down to business. "I need you, and two others of your choice, to disguise yourselves, and to spy on the Camp in the form of demigods."

I nodded in agreement, and he continued, "Wonderful! Bring the two of your choice to meet here in an hour."

I smiled, and flashed back to my palace, masking my way to Zoë's room. As it turns out, I didn't have to, as I found Zoë with Thalia, eating in the kitchen.

"Zoë?" I called, "I need to talk with you."

She leaned over to talk to Thalia, before she got up and approached me. "What's up?"

I smiled, "Dad wants me to disguise as a demigod, and to spy on Camp. I'm supposed to bring two others, and I wanted to know if you're in."

She nodded, "Who else were you thinking?"

"Maybe Nico." I suggested thoughtfully.

She snorted, "Good luck getting Will to agree to that."

Right, Nico and Will are together now. Will's pretty protective of his 'sunshine'. Kind of an ironic nickname.

I nodded to Zoë, "Well, I can try. Meet us in Dad's office in an hour."

I turned, and began searching for Nico. After quite some time, I found him playing video games with Will. 

I sat beside Nico, "Hey, Neeks, want to help me with an undercover mission at camp?"

"Sure." He quickly replied, not taking his eyes from the game.

Will whirled to face him, "You are not going! Too dangerous."

Nico rolled his eyes, "Come on, the campers are not dangerous. I'll be fine. Please, can I?"

Will huffed. "Fine." He relented.

"Yes!" Nico cheered.

I rolled my eyes, "Alright, meet in Dad's office in an hour." I got up to leave, and made my way to the living room, where I found Artemis and Bianca snuggling on the couch.

I sat beside them, and they cuddled into my sides. Checking my watch, I still have forty five minutes to kill.