Chap 9 - Nick is Delusional and A New Mate

~NICK'S POV~

Why are things so unfair? I was thinking of ways to get Annabeth to stop ignoring me, when I see Percy ride past on a cool motorcycle! This is the worst! I'm more powerful than Percy could ever dream, I should get the motorcycle, I should get the credit card! Maybe that's why Dad called me to Santa Monica, maybe he wants to reward me! Yes, that must be it! I've been an amazing hero, and my father wants to give me reward. 

With that final comforting thought, I drifted to sleep.

~DREAM~

I was at the edge of a bottomless pit, and I could feel a wave of power, pushing me back.

"So this is Nicholas Jackson, the famed son of Poseidon. I have been watching the progression of your quest, and though no one else can see it, I certainly can see the potential within you. Join me, demigod, and I shall help you to unlock this potential, this power."

I stepped forward, "Who are you?" I demanded.

The voice laughed, "WHO AM I? I am the titan of time, father of the gods! I am the true king of Olympus, and I shall reclaim my throne, soon! Those who assist in my rise shall be rewarded beyond measure, and those who refuse shall be the building blocks by which I shall rebuild the world!"

I shivered, but remained standing, "Once I take you down, I shall be known as the greatest hero, and the Olympians, and Zeus himself, will insist I become king!"

The voice laughed a cruel, heartless laugh, "Your ideas of grandeur are amusing. This shall certainly be interesting!"

His voice and laugh faded, and I awoke.

~DREAM OVER~

I awoke with a start, to find Annabeth sternly looking at me from across the van, "What were you dreaming about?"

I skillfully covered my shock, "How do you know I was having a dream? For all you know, I was fully conscious."

Annabeth rolled her eyes, "You were tossing and turning, good luck convincing me, 'you were asleep'." She put the last part in air quotes, then continued, "What was your dream about?"

"Well, I was standing by this pit, and the was a voice, telling me to help him rise. He said he was the father of the gods, and the titan of time. Who might that be?"

She knit her eyebrows cutely, "Kronos is the first person that comes to mind. But if that's true..." She trailed off, but abruptly continued when she asked, "You didn't accept his offer, did you?" She asked the question in a deadly calm voice that seemed to challenge me, to dare me to lie.

"Of course not! I simply stated the truth, when I kill him, I'll be the greatest demigod ever!"

Annabeth let out a cruel laugh, "You? Kill Kronos? All you've done this entire time is faint. Kill Kronos? Please, you wouldn't last a second." She then turned over, and gazed at the lion as if trying to communicate with it using only her mind.

I sat in stunned silence, how dare she say that! Me, faint? She's crazy! I defeated the Minotaur, the Furies, Medusa, the Chimera, and even Echidna! I'm the greatest hero, I just have to prove it, then she'll come around!

~PERCY'S POV~

I finally arrived in Las Vegas, and rode all the way to the Lotus Casino. I walked through the door, and approached the receptionist. 

"Hello sir! How can I help you?" The man smiled brightly. 

I pondered my answer, did I hate Annabeth enough to give her a small room? "I would like to book three rooms please, two large ones, and one of your smallest ones."

He smiled, "Of course sir, we have two available penthouses on the ninth floor, with a wonderful view of the city, and we also have a small room on the fifth floor."

I nodded, "Does the small room have a good view?"

He looked apologetic, "No, would you like a different one?"

I laughed, "No, that's perfect. If you see to kids come in here, give the girl the keys to the large one, and the boy the small one. Tell them it's from Mr. Chaos. You'll know them when you see them, blonde girl with grey eyes, and a brunette boy with green eyes. Or, as you might know them, demigods." 

The man's eyes widened, "I don't-" I cut him off with a wave of my hand.

"I know what this place is, the Lair of the Lotus Eaters. Don't worry, I only want you to keep them here as long as you possibly can. Give them the cards, premium treatment, etcetera. I'll pay for it. Do we have a deal?"

He grinned, "Indeed we do."

We shook hands, and I walked on. I made sure my room was up to standard, before going to greet my neighbors. I knocked on the door, and a small, ten year old opened the door. 

"Percy!" He shouted, then moved forward and started to hug the life out of me.

I grinned, "Hey, Nico. It's nice to see you again." I walked into the room, and looked around. 

I frowned, "Hey, where's Bianca?"

"Percy?" Bianca's voice came from behind me, and I turned. Before I even had the chance to reply to her, a bright pink blinded me, and I groaned. Nico copied my action, but shook his head, smiling.

"Really, Percy? My sister?"

"Well, I'm sorry! I can't exactly choose the person."

Bianca's confused voice interrupted our conversation, "What's going on?"

I glanced at Nico, but he only laughed, and said, "You tell her! She's your mate!"

I shook my head at his antics, but nonetheless sat down, and beckoned for Bianca to do the same. I explained what happened after she died, what with the war, Nick's causing the camp to betray me, and with the going back in time. Through my explanation, I focused particularly on the part with Eros and the mates. When I was finished, she sat in silence, processing my words.

Once she had gathered herself, she began her questions, "So I am one of four mates, meaning there are three others?"

"Correct." I confirmed.

"Who are the others?" She asked, nervously.

"Thalia, Artemis, you, and I haven't found the fourth."

She nodded, "I see. Are they okay with this?"

I nodded, "Thalia is, and I haven't had the chance to speak to Artemis. What I want to know is, are you okay with this?"

She smiled weakly, "The truth is, I've always liked you, Percy. If Thalia can share, so can I. All that matters is that I'm with you."

I nodded, "That's what Thalia said, too. Listen-"

I was very rudely interrupted when the door burst open, revealing Nico. He confidently skipped into the room, clutching a plate of nachos. "Saw Annabeth and the idiot downstairs. Thought you would want to know, Percy."

"Nico, language!" Bianca chided.

"Well, that's my que to leave," I checked my watch, and nodded, "Yes, I've been here six days already." I got up, and gathered my things. "Before I actually go, I want to make sure you both are joining my mission?"

Bianca smiled warmly, "Of course, we're with you all the way, Percy."

I nodded, "Then these are for you." I pulled out a bow, as well as a dagger, for Bianca, and an upgraded stygian iron sword for Nico. "Bianca, if you need an arrow, just pull back on the string."

"Thank you, Percy." 

I laughed, "Thank Dad, he made them, on my suggestion."

I checked my watch again, "I have to go now, goodbye you two."

I gave them one last smile, and walked to the lobby.