Chap 2 - A New Life and Mates

"Do you accept?"

"Well, it's certainly a lot to take in. I have a few questions before I decide." I replied to Chaos' question.

Chaos laughed, "Ask away, then."

"What about the spies who died in the titan war the last time? Will they remember me?"

"You forgave them didn't you?" Chaos looked at me with an inquisitive look. 

"Of course." I nodded.

"Then yes, they will remember. But that also means they won't be the spies, others will take their place in that instance." I nodded, satisfied with that answer.

"So my friends will help me with this...mission?" I asked, unsure.

"Indeed. Anything else?" Chaos asked.

"No, not at the moment. I accept."

Chaos beamed. "Very good! Now, repeat after me. I Perseus Jackson, renounce all ties to Poseidon, and accept Chaos as my full blood father."

As I repeated the lines, I felt a pain growing stronger, until it was unbearable, tearing me apart. But I could feel the power that came with the pain, growing stronger and stronger. This was when the gods joined in with their blessings, causing me more pain. When it was over, I felt stronger, as if I could take on Kronos.

Chaos broke the silence, "Now, you should probably tell your friends of this plan." I nodded, silently agreeing.

"Could you bring them here?" One finger snap later, all of my friends were standing before me, looking both very startled and confused.

I grinned. "Hey, guys."

"Percy!" They ran towards me, and crushed me in a hug. 

"Hey. Sorry for scaring you. Say hello to my new father, Chaos." I calmly stated, gesturing.

They stood in a stunned silence, but only for a moment. "Chaos is your dad now?" Clarrise interrupted the moment.

"Indeed. He has offered me a quest to bring down the old Olympus, and all the gods unfit to be rulers. So I am asking you-Will you join me on this mission?"

"We're with you to the end, Percy." Nico answered my question, and the rest nodded in agreement.

I smiled. "When we are sent back, you will all keep your memories. When I arrive at camp I will reveal my allies, you guys. I'm also assuming the quests will be the same, so I'll go along with it, but I'll try to drag them out." 

"You got it, Perce. But, Percy, can I talk to you? In private?" Thalia asked me, shyly.

We walked out of the palace slowly, and approached the styx. Everything was so peaceful, if you concentrated hard enough, you could almost imagine that you weren't in the Underworld, but somewhere nice in the mortal world.

"I need to tell you something." We both broke the silence, and spoke at the same time. 

"You should go first." I said, politely. 

"No, you."

"You."

"You."

By now, I was getting frustrated, and I knew Thalia felt the same. Before I could even say another 'you', I was interrupted by Thalia's lips smashing into mine. At first, I was too shocked to respond, but quickly melted into it, and held her there for a few more minutes.

When we pulled away, Thalia whispered to me quietly, "I love you, Percy, I always have. But...You were with Annabeth, so I kept my distance."

"She doesn't matter to me. I realized a long time ago, someone else has my heart. She and I, it was...rushed."

"Why is this so cheesy?"Thalia laughed.

We laughed, and leaned in for another kiss. But before our a lips could touch, a bright flash of pink blinded us. I internally groaned. Eros, primordial god of love. Sometimes I swear he's just Aphrodite, but a guy.

"I take offence to that, Aphrodite is such an airhead." Eros' voice came from behind me. I quickly turned and apologized, not wanting to offend him. "That's alright. Most people think I'm like her, but I'm not. I just guide people to their other halves, Aphrodite meddles with love in the worst ways. Speaking of guiding people, that is why I'm here, to tell you, Perseus, that you have four female mates."

"Four? Seems like a lot."

He laughed pleasantly, "Indeed! And congrats on finding your first one."

My expression must have said something, because Eros looked at me with pity. "I make it a little bit easier for you, alright? Whenever you meet one, they'll glow pink. That's the best I can do."

I sighed. "Alright then, goodbye, Eros."

"Goodbye." He said, before disappearing in a flash of pink light. 

When he was gone, I turned to Thalia. "I'm sorry."

She frowned, clearly displeased. "Why?"

"Because of there being four of you. Three others, Thalia."

"Aw, Percy, none of this is your fault. You can't control everything."

I turned to her and placed my forehead against hers, looking deep into her eyes. "So you're okay with this?"

"As long as I'm with you. We've been through weirder, and I'm sure we can make it work."

I nodded, reassured by her words. "What do you say we head back, so we can see what everyone's up to."

As we walked through the door, Dad stood up from the chair he was sitting in, drinking tea. "Ah, there you are I was just about to get you." Before he could continue, a bright pink glow made us look at Artemis. "Let me guess, Eros?" I nodded to confirm my Dad's suspicion. "How many?"

"Four." I replied, scratching the back of my neck.

We looked at Artemis, who sighed resigned.  "Well," She managed a smile, "Are you ready then, Perseus?"I returned the smile, and nodded.

Dad waved his arm, which ripped through the air like a warm knife through butter. In this ripped space was a portal, which he nodded at me to go through. Before I could go four feet, Thalia pulled me back for one more kiss. "Goodluck, kelphead. See you soon." 

Sorry if this chapter wasn't very good, there was a lot of dialogue, which meant I had to make a new paragraph every few seconds. Also, sorry if you don't like the whole 'mates' thing, it was in the original, and I knew it would haunt me if I left it out. Hope you enjoyed!