5

The buildings whipped by as the car continued down the highway. You couldn't focus long on anything today. Sana sat in the seat next to you, scrolling on her phone, completely zoned into her own world.

Your mind wandered to other places. A world where you had enough confidence to do something about your crush. You loved when she always held your hand and danced with you. You felt more confident with her. More of yourself.

"What are you smiling at?" Her voice pulled you from your thoughts.

"Hm?" You turned your head to look at her. A smile playing on her lips.

"Your smiling." She pointed. "Why?" She smirked. You shrugged your shoulders, looking back out the window.

You arrived at a giant building, Sana got out of the van before you, holding her hand out waiting for you immediately. A giant crowd had gathered, knowing what you were doing before you did. You grabbed her hand tightly as she pulled you close to her.

Security escorted both of you inside as you walked into the building for your schedule.

You let out a sigh when you remembered where you were. Sana gave you a small frown, but held you close.

"It'll be fine." She whispered.

After you changed your clothes to a better outfit, you were walking out to be on the variety show. You threw on your best face and played along with everyone.

"So why you two? What about the rest of the group?" One of the hosts smiled.

"Obviously we're the best." You joked. "I'm kidding." You immediately said.

"You specifically asked for us." Sana laughed at the host. The others laughed, watching him make an embarrassed face.

"So. Y/N, your entire family is famous?" Another host asked.

"No, just my sister." You answered calmly.

"So you are famous because of her?" He asked. You tensed up. Everyone always asked that. Comparing you to her.

"No, I'm famous because I trained and did my best." You tried not to sound agitated but you couldn't help it.

You suffered through the rest of the show, trying to smile and laugh when needed. When it was finished, you immediately changed and hurried out of the venue.

The car ride home was almost silent. Your manager was on the phone with the show's company, defending you completely and threatening them.

Sana watched you with careful eyes, knowing you were hurt from it all. It wasn't the first time and it surely wasn't going to be the last.

"Can we stop and get a treat?" Sana asked quietly. You looked up at her, seeing her try to comfort you. "Please?" She pouted. The manager approved briefly before returning to his phone call. The driver gave her a small smile and immediately changed his route.

It wasn't long before we stopped at a small shop, the manager taking our orders before walking in.

"I don't need this you know." You frowned.

"Yes you do." Sana smiled. "It's ice cream." She squealed.

"Fattening ice cream." You mumbled to yourself. Sana stopped her happiness and looked down at you.

You had made yourself small, holding you legs to your chest, hiding behind your long hair. She frowned, knowing you weren't going to budge anytime soon.

Your manager came back with the ice creams, Sana smiled as she took them and handed you yours.

"It's your favorite." She smiled while opening the lid for you. You could smell the kiwi already. You peeked out of your hiding spot and saw her stick the tiny spoon in the cup. "But you have to give me a smile first." She pointed. You rolled your eyes and looked away from her. "Guess I'll just eat it then." She shrugged.

"No!" You frowned while lifting your head up.

"Just one little smile. Come on. You can do it." She smirked at you. You gave her the tiniest smile, causing her to light up. She handed the small cup to you and dug into her own.

As the days dragged on in between your concerts, you tried your best to overcome any kind of anxiety you had. The one thing you were sure to never get over was the massive crowds of people.

You had to fly separate with Nayeon this time around. Sana had taken an earlier flight with Mina to spend more time with her family. You were terrified. The minute the car pulled up to the sidewalk, you felt tense. You didn't want to leave the car. You couldn't leave the car.

"Y/N, come on. We have to go." Your manager frowned. Nayeon saw the fear in your eyes when she put two and two together. She saw your line of vision, your gaze stuck intently on the crowd of people.

"Come on." She held out her hand, grabbing yours and your bag. You followed her out of the car, holding onto her arm the second your feet touched the sidewalk. She adjusted your mask so you were hidden, the only thing showing was your eyes. "Just a few meters. Come on." She tried to reassure you.

You tried to calm down, but your anxiety was through the roof. You wished you were with Sana. She knew exactly how to calm you down. But you weren't. You were stuck in your own world. Trapped with no way out. Tears brimmed your eyes as you walked. You couldn't handle it anymore.

After you got through security, you felt more safe. You met with the rest of the group, your eyes still puffy from fighting back tears the entire time. Momo noticed immediately and wrapped you in a tight hug. She didn't say anything. She just made sure you were wrapped in a tight enough hug to make you feel safe.