chapter 2

~~~~~~~Rue's POV~~~~~~~
  I dropped Luca off at daycare and headed to work. I worked as a assistant at the biggest company in Italy, Rossi Enterprise. I walk into the building and straight to the elevator. Today I am wearing a black pencil skirt and a light pink button up long sleeve shirt and black heels. I go to the 4th floor and go to the break room. We have a espresso machine that the CEO has me bring him a drink from everyday. I make his drink and add whipped cream and caramel on top.

    "Hey Rue!" Mark said as he grabbed a coffee cup.

  "Hey Mark. How are you?" Mark was the first person to even say hi to me when I first started at this company. He is really sweet and quite handsome.

  "I'm good, if that for boss man?" Mark said pointing at the espresso in my hand.

"Yep, he always asks me for one once I get to my desk so I might as well go ahead and make him one." I shrugged my shoulders and add the lid to his espresso.

  "Smart, be ahead. He will like that." Mark tells me.

"Thanks." I smile at him and head out the door.

"Uh, hey Rue I have a question I've been meaning to ask." Mark hollers at me. I stop and turn around on my heels.

  "What's that?" I ask Mark curios about his question.

  "Uh- would you maybe sometime like to.. go out, with me sometime..?" Mark asks me scratching his neck and looking away.

  "Like on a date?" I ask him with a small smile that could be described as a smirk.

   "Yeah, yeah a date.." he answered avoiding eye contact "so would you like to?"

  "Sure." I respond and walk out the door and to the elevator. I turn around "7 pm tomorrow." And then I'm off to work.

~~~~~~Chicago, Illinois~~~~~
             ~~Mateos POV~~
"Listen up! In two days I will be leaving for a business trip. I am leaving Nicolas in charge, not only of the company but of the search for my love." I explained everything to them and made sure they understood Nicolas was in charge until I returned. I lock my office door and head to the elevator. "Go home and sleep. Tomorrow is a busy day." I say and leave for the night. In two days I will be going to Pisa, Italy and signing a contract to connect our companies and work together. You see Rossi Enterprise does sales. A lot of different sales, gun sales, weapon sales, vehicle sales and different things. The man who is the CEO is a old family friend. The man who owns the company is a leader of one of the biggest Mafias in Italy. But not many know. I know cause I am the leader of the biggest Mafia in the U.S.. So by bringing our two companies, Rossi Enterprise and Antinori Enterprise, we are also bringing a truce to our Mafias. Something that is needed for our two Mafias have been having some problems. Some of my men have been stealing weapons behind my back from on of their warehouses off the coast of Mexico and some of his Mafia has been stealing some money from one of my warehouses in Europe.

So, it's time to pack for my plane that leaves tomorrow night. And in exactly 36 hours I will be in Pisa, Italy.

———————————————
Word count: 577.