Chapter 31

(for no one who ask here are the now "twins")

"Lo daremo alla Befana
Che pazienzia che ci vo
Ninna oh, ninna oh
Fai la ninna, fai la nanna" Rue sung as she laid Kaiden into and gave him his blanket.

Rue stopped singing and walk quietly out of Jazlyn and Kaidens room turning the light off on her way out.

"How are they doing?" Ava asks Rue as she walked into the living room.

"They are good, sleeping." Rue answered as she flopped down on the couch.

"How are you doing?" Ava questioned her. 

"I'm.." Rue paused as she thought about if she was really okay, "fine." She sighed as she rolled over and hug a pillow to her chest.

"Are you really though?" Ava questioned her. "The twins are 3 months old and it has been 4 months since you've seen Luca.. and Mateo."

"I'm fine." Rue snapped back aggravated.

"Sure, I totally believe your moody a$$." Ava rolled her eyes.

Rue rolled back over and looked up at Ava with tear filled eyes, "Why did I think I could do this?" She asked Ava as a tear ran down her cheek.

"Do what?" Ava asked confused as she sat her popcorn on the table and faced Rue.

"Raise 2 more kids, without help, other then you. Luca would have been a huge help but no. He is gone." Rue choked out as she started to sob into the pillow she was holding.

"You can do it. You raised a kid by yourself before, and you can do it again. I was there then and I am here now. And I promise. I will never leave you." Ava hugged her.

"I want Luca back. I want him here with me." Rue cried into Avas shoulder.

"I know.." Ava sighed.

~~
"Luca! Put that down!" Mateo yelled as Luca picked up a $2,000 vase and held it above his head.

"I want to go home! Back to my mommy, and my brothers and- and sisters!" Luca cried as he slammed the vase against the floor.

Mateo huffed as he chased after Luca down the hallway.

"Let me call my mommy!" Luca stopped and yelled at his dad.

"No!" Mateo barked back. "She is busy with her new kids!"

"N-no! She wants me there I know it!" Luca sobbed out as he wiped the tears off his face. "I want to see Wyatt!" He stomped his foot.

"No!" Mateo boomed. "You will not call your mother, you will stop with your fits and you will get over living with me!"

"No I will not!" Luca exclaimed as he took off down the stairs.

"Luca stop running before yo-" Mateo was cut short as Luca slipped and went flying down the staircase hitting every other step. "Luca!" Mateo shouted as he ran down to Luca.

"Luca come on buddy open your eyes." Mateo trembled as he gently shook his sons head.

Mateo stood up with his son in his arms and ran to the door turning back as he shouted, "Call Rue, tell her there has been a accident!" And then he was off to the hospital.

~~
Word Count: 526

Sorry for taking so long to update.

Don't be a silent reader, comment what you think!

Mateo.. I swear I'm gonna need a strong ibuprofen after you and your ego. smh..