Chapter 28

"Rue!"

Is the last thing I hear before I slip into a unfamiliar state.

A state between alive and dead.

A state between breathing and drowning.

It hurts, so much.

Breathe. Breathe.

They say dying doesn't hurt but this hurts like hell.

All of a sudden the pain from all my wounds comes flooding in, causing me to drown in my own pain. I repeatedly try to come up for pain but the pain drags me back down, over and over again.

I should be focused on not dying, on being with my son.

But all my focus is on one person, on Mark. I want to know- no. I need to know, is he dead? Did I kill him?

It's wrong I know, but I need to know.

Come on Rue, almost there.

Drowning. Once again. Once again I gasp for air as all the oxygen is sucked out of me and all the water fills my lungs. Breathe. I tell myself as I try to gasp for air.

Next thing I know the darkness is replaced with white. White walls, white lights, a white bed.. but I know where I am, I am in a hospital room. Not any hospital room. A surgical room. 9, 9 surgeons and nurses surround a body. A small petite body. Every surgeon and nurses hands are covered in blood, just like the body of the patient.

Please Rue, don't leave us.

Whatever happened to that person must've been mad for her to be so bloody. I walk closer to get a better look and take a step back as my eyes widen as I realize.. the person is me.

I am the one laying on the table dying.

"Scary isn't it." I hear a familiar voice say beside me.

I turn towards the voice and my I tear up,

"J-Jazlyn." I choke out between sobs.

I hug her and she doesn't hesitate to hug me back. My sister, is here standing beside me, not dead.

"Hi Rue." She smiles.

I pull away and look at her up and down.

She is wearing the same beautiful white dress and brown sandals that she was buried in.

She turns back towards my body and watches the doctors as they stitch and patch my skin.

"You have a beautiful son Rue, you know that?" She glances at me before looking back at the operating table.

"He is a cutie." I sigh. "He is a sweetie too," I look at her, "you would've liked him." She looks over at and smiles but then frowns.

"Then why aren't you fighting?" She asks me.

"W-what?" I look at her confused.

"If you love your son as much as it sounds like you do, then why aren't you fighting to live?" She asks me again. "You have so much ahead of you. You have a man waiting for you, worried sick." She says as she walks out of the operating room and into a hallway. She doesn't speak as she makes her way through the hospital and to the waiting room. She stops as she enters the room and looks at the near corner.

Fight Rue. Please.

I walk in and stand beside her and follow her eyes to what she is looking at. Soon my eyes land on who she is looking at, Mateo.

Whose shirt is covered in blood, hair a mess and eyes heavy. He paces the hospital floor and never once does he calm down. He stops every once in a while to look up at the door as they open hoping its my surgeon with good news and when its not he starts pacing again.

"This is Lucas dad correct?" She asks me.

I slowly nod as my heart aches for the pain he must be feeling. He must think this is all his fault.

"Daddy.." I hear a small voice say. I look over not to far from Mateo and see Luca waking up from must have been a nap.

Mateo rushes over to him and sits on the chair beside him.

"Are you okay?" He asks him with worried filled eyes.

"Is mommy okay yet?" My heart breaks when I hear Luca ask this. Here I am not even fighting for my life while my son wants me back. What is wrong with me?

Mateo sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"Not yet buddy."

Luca nods slowly as a tear falls down his cheek and he climbs into his fathers lap. He wraps his arms around his own body hugging his self and lays his head on Mateos chest. Mateo doesn't hesitate to cradle his son and rest his chin on Lucas head.

"Fight Rue, for Luca." I hear Mateo whisper as he kisses Lucas head.

I quickly turn to Jazlyn as a tear escapes my eye.

"I want to fight, I need to fight. For my boys." I tell her and she smiles.

"Then go fight." She tells me barely above a whisper as she gently touches my shoulder and fades from my view as I head to a new battle.

The Fight For My Life.

~~

Word Count: 850

Hope you liked this chapter!

I feel like it is important for me to tell you all that this book will be coming to a end soon. I am going to start finding a end point. There will be 4-10 more chapters maybe, maybe more I am not sure yet.

But until then, Don't be a silent reader! Comment what you think!