Chapter 34

"You did what?" Mateo asked utterly confused.

"I had to put a father, it was either Mark," She said shivering on his name as the memories tried to return, "or you." She told him as she ran a finger down Kaidens nose.

Mateo looked up from Kaiden and to Rue, "But why?"

Rue bit down on her bottom lip as she thought of a appropriate answer.

"I guess it was just what felt right?" She shrugged as Kaiden grabbed her finger and held onto it as he begun to drift off to sleep. "I put your name on Lucas and I guess it was just instinct?"

Mateo looked down at Kaiden who had a hold of Rues and Mateos fingers.

"I'm sorry for leaving you alone." Mateo apologized as he looked up at her as she looked over at Luca.

"I will admit, I was hurt when you left, but I was hurt more that you took Luca." Rue reached over and pulled the blanket up over Jazlyn and Luca.

Mateo looked over at Luca and released a sigh. "And I'm sorry for doing that." Mateo responded honestly. "There are thousands of things I should be apologizing for, and a thousand things I should never have done." Mateo stood up and carried Kaiden over to the stroller and laid him in it. "I never should have forced you into all those things in the past, and you don't have to forgive me. I don't expect you to forgive me, but I will say this, Thank you for giving me the chance to be a father. A good father." Mateo sat back down beside Rue. 

"I forgive you." Rue answered as she put her hand over his. "I forgave you a long time ago."

"How? How did you forgive me, after everythin-" Rue pressed her lips against his quickly then looked him straight in the eyes and said,

"I have never stopped loving you."

~~
Word Count: 323

Sorry for the short chapter, I am running out of ideas..

oh no..

Yes, that means this book is coming to a end.

So soon!?

Yes, I am sorry. I never intended for this book to last so long, I wanted this book to be a short 20-30 chapter little story. So yes, this book is coming to a end.

Once again I am sorry! I hope you enjoy the next few chapters cause they will be the last!

Also, I am not going to be publishing 'Twisted Minds' just yet, I am deciding between 'Twisted Minds' and a new book I have started called, 'Forbidden'.

Tell me in the comments which book you would like to read first!

Don't be a silent reader, comment what you think!