Chapter 3

^^This is what Luca looks like^^
~~~~~~The next night~~~~~~~
~~POV of Rue~~
I finish putting on my lipstick and makeup. I pull my look together with a pair of black strap shoes. I decided to go with a red pencil dress. I check my look in my mirror. I smile at myself and grab my purse. I turn my light off and head to the living room.

"Ok Ava, please make sure he goes to bed by 9 and has a good dinner. I made some green bean casserole earlier. It is in the fridge. Also, no sweets a hour before bed. And-" before I could finish Ava interrupted me.

"I got it! I have watched you raise him I think I got it. Now go have fun!" Ava rushed me out of the house.

"Wait! I have to say bye! Luca come here!" I call for Luca to come to the living room.

"Yes mommy?" He asks me, "oh you look pretty mommy! Where are you going?" He asked me with a tilt in his head. He looked so much like his dad when he does that. No! No thinking about him tonight.

"I'm going out with a friend for a little while Auntie Ava is gonna watch you." I explained to him.

"But why can't I come with you?" He asked sadly.

"Because this is a adult hang out. Little boys like you aren't allowed." I told him.

"Okay.." he said with a frown. "Have fun mommy." He hugged me and turned to Ava, "I hungry." He told her.

I bent down to his height. "Come here Luca." He came over to me, he looked so sad. His eyes were getting red and puffy. "Listen okay?" He nodded his head and wiped away a tear falling. I grabbed his little hands and stroked the back of them with my thumbs. "If I could bring you with me I would. But as of right now, you are too little for this kind of hangout, but I will make you a deal. Tomorrow night we will go and watch a movie together no matter what. Okay?" I asked him.

"Okay." He said with a small smile. I wiped his tears away and kissed his forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too mommy." He kissed my cheek. Then there was a knock on the door. "Can I get it?" He asked me with a smile.

"I suppose." He took off to the door and pulled over his stool and climbed up on it. I unlocked the door for him and he opened it. And standing on the other side is no other then Mark. "Who you?" Luca asked tilting his head to the side.

"Luca, this is Mark." I told him as I picked him up. "Say hi honey."

"Hello, I'm Luca!" Luca said with a smile and sticking his hand out.

"Hello Luca, I'm Mark." Mark said with a smile and shook Lucas hand. Luca looked up and me and pulled my head closer to him.

"I like him. He is nice." He whispered to me. I laughed quietly and put him back on the ground. I bend down one more time and give him a quick kiss on his forehead.

"I'll be back soon. I love you. Be good for Auntie Ava!" I said and closed the door.

"Is that your son?" Mark asked. I just remembered I never mentioned I had a son.

"Yeah.." I said and looked down and my phone which had a picture of Luca as my lock screen.

"He seems like a good kid." Mark said with a smile.

I looked up at him and smiled, "yeah, he is." Once we reached Marks car he opened the door for me. I got in the passenger side and Mark got in the drivers. "So where are we going?" I asked Mark. Who just smiled as he started the car.

"You will see." He said and started the car.
———————————————
Word count: 667.