Chapter 2

Family time meant that Mal and Ben were quietly playing a board game while Bella was napping. The couple had been playing for about two hours now and no one seemed to lose. The purple-haired girl saw that the baby was completely asleep and started taking her back to the nursery but her husband tried to move the dice so he can win. Right at that moment, she turned back. "Benjamin Florian, don't even try!" Mal said whispering but still loud and clear enough for Ben to move his hand from the board. When she returned they continued and after an hour Mal won.

"That's not fair!"

"Oh please, how old are you? Five? Accept that you can't always win!"

"Fine." he pretended to look disappointed. "But a kiss may help me handle that I lost."

"Really?" she said and kissed him. Then Bella woke up and started crying. Mal chuckled. "Haha, it seems like you have no luck today!"

Meanwhile,

Jane and Carlos have actually decided to go and join Evie and Doug at the mall mostly because Doug texted them that he needs help. They were trying to find the baby store to see what was the matter.

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" Jane asked.

"Yea, it says...it says...well, I think the baby store is on the third floor," Carlos replied struggling to understand the information sign. Turned out that what Carlos thought was the baby store was actually a taco shop, so, it took the couple quite a while to find a place.

When they finally arrived Jane and Carlos saw Evie carrying two heavy looking boxes which were maybe baby cribs or something and Doug who was running after her shouting she must not carry them on her own cause it's dangerous. Jane blocked Evie's way, so she stopped. Doug took the packets from his wife's hands. She pouted. "I can totally carry these on my own!"

"No Evie, just let me do it! Here you can take this soft toy!"

"Don't tell me what to do!" she said and threw it at him. This made the whole store to look at them curiously, wondering what will happen next. When she finally realized that Evie pretended that none of this had just happened and softly asked Jane and Carlos about what are they doing here. "Did Doug call you?" The couple saw how Doug was mimicking a big no.

"N-n-no we...we were just passing by and saw you guys." Carlos tried to lie unsuccessfully. Evie raised an eyebrow.

"Fine, he called us," Jane said knowing that both her and Carlos were bad liars."

The blue-haired girl turned to her husband. "Why do you always think I'm a child that needs help?"

"I don't!"

"Then?"

"I thought we might need some help. Believe me, I know you're not little."

"I certainly hope so, cause I'm way more dangerous than I look and you must not piss me off!" Doug nodded, ending their argument. "Now, who wants ice cream?"