Chapter 12

(Time skip - about two weeks)

"I'm five days due my date and I have no idea when these guys are planning to get out of me but I really hope it's soon." Evie told Mal as they were chatting over the phone.

"Well, don't take it that hard. Babies can be stubborn. Like my girl Bella here, she's crying all day, however she's not hungry, thirsty or has a dirty diper."

"Being a mom's not so easy, huh?"

"Yeah, especially when Ben is working 24/7."

"Have you tried telling him that you need a hand sometimes?"

"We would probably say that I have Mrs. Potts and his parents to help me, though we can't even have a proper conversation without someone interrupting it. It's been like that for about a week."

"Tough one."

"Hey, wanna talk to your niece? I'm putting you on speaker."

"Hey Bella! I know you are the cutest baby, but still mom is having a hard time right now, okay? Stay calm your cousins will be here soon." suddenly the baby stopped crying.

Mal's eyes were bigger than pancakes. "You did magic! She's quiet now."

"Guess I have some kind of bond with kids."

"Can't argue...wait, I think I have an idea how to make you give birth quicker. I'll just call Belle to look after the little one and I'm coming."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, what's your genius plan that made a woman that's supposed to be on bed rest come to a fast food restaurant?" Doug asked.

"Well, here they have this." Mal replied putting a bowl on the table.

"Oh, this is hot sauce!" Evie exclaimed.

"Yup."

"But that's extra spicy and hot." Doug said worried.

"That's the idea. It can help a woman go in labor." the boy was still not sure if he should let Evie eat that. Mal noticed it. "I'll eat from it too if you want to, spicy food never bothered me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two girls seemed to have no problem with the chicken nuggets and hot sauce, so Doug decided to try some too. That didn't end well. He started asking for water but it was hardly understandable. "This must be a fake, I'm not feeling any different." Evie said not noticing what was her husband doing behind her.

Mal saw him and almost choked on her nugget. "Umm, we need a cup of milk for the dwarf over here." she told a waitress.

"How many times do I have to tell everyone from my family that he's not a dwarf?"

"Admit he's shorter than you, but first make sure he is alright." Evie gave a confused look and finally turned around.

"Oh my, are you okay?" she asked Doug but he couldn't answer. The milk was there soon. "What were you thinking? We are used to hot food, we ate a lot of too spicy canned food back on the isle."

"I...I was dumb. So, did it at least work?"

"Nope. I suggest going to a theme park."

"Oh, that's a great idea but I have to go back to the castle. Good luck." Mal responded.

'Seriously?!' Doug mouthed. She just smiled and got out of the restaurant.